How to edit/cut a .RM file

question

I have Adobe Premiere Pro and this program won't touch a RM file.
I have downloaded a large .RM news file but all I need is a 2 min part in the
middle. What is a good .RM editor so I can cut this file down?

martin

"question" <do@not.know> wrote in message
>I have Adobe Premiere Pro and this program won't touch a RM file.
> I have downloaded a large .RM news file but all I need is a 2 min part in
> the
> middle. What is a good .RM editor so I can cut this file down?

I have Helix Producer installed and along with the Helix Producer, got
installed the Helix RealMedia Editor.
The Editor allows you to cut a part from a Real Media file and save it as a
new file.

Martin.

cg

On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 07:11:27 +0100, Martin wrote:

> "question" <do@not.know> wrote in message
>>I have Adobe Premiere Pro and this program won't touch a RM file.
>> I have downloaded a large .RM news file but all I need is a 2 min part in
>> the
>> middle. What is a good .RM editor so I can cut this file down?
>>

> I have Helix Producer installed and along with the Helix Producer, got
> installed the Helix RealMedia Editor.
> The Editor allows you to cut a part from a Real Media file and save it as a
> new file.

It only works partially, I can only cut at certain point, and even cutting
in those points, the saved file will have some seconds of blank video at
the beginning (the audio starts normally hence it's not possible to cut out
those blank frames). It's also not possible to join two files together (it
has that option in the program, and it saves the files only that the file
will not work).

C.G.