Question How to enable both dGPU and iGPU?

Jun 1, 2019
asrock b450m HDV r4.0
Ryzen 3 2200g
RX 570

im trying to plug my 2nd monitor into mobo, but i dont how to enable both iGPU and dGPU

imoob

Reputable
Nov 7, 2018
Hi,
You dont plug your second monitor into the motherboard. You plug it into the graphics card then windows will automatically recognise it next time you boot up.
Hope this helps!

You have to look at your motherboard manual or at the asrock forum for step for step instructions.
In general there is going to be a setting in your bios that turns off the iGPU when there is a discreet one,you can change this to leave the iGPU working after that you just run the drivers for the iGPU.

Jun 1, 2019
You have to look at your motherboard manual or at the asrock forum for step for step instructions.
In general there is going to be a setting in your bios that turns off the iGPU when there is a discreet one,you can change this to leave the iGPU working after that you just run the drivers for the iGPU.
if i enable it, it will go back to disabled
As above states, you will have to check your BIOS settings (verify on your MB manual).
However is there any reason why you want to run both when the RX 570 can support up to 5 monitors?
my gpu runs at max mem clock during idle with 2 monitosr, and some people recommending plugging 2nd monitor into mobo, so i thought i might as well try it, since i have 2200g. and im not gonna use my 2nd monitor for gaming or anything like that.