How to enable different jacks in apartment

wizloc

Commendable
Sep 1, 2016
I just recently started renting an apartment that has 5 different ethernet/coax outlets in the various rooms. A technician from my ISP came and installed a modem in the living room, but ideally I would like to move it to a bedroom. I tried to move the modem to a different jack, but I don't receive any internet to the modem but to the living room jack it was initially installed to. I called tech support and the guy said I have two options: I could have someone knowledgeable open my closet panel and swap something there (he mentioned dmarc I believe, but this is not my area), or I could pay $100 and have them come to the apartment and do it. I was hoping someone here could help me save $100 and figure this out.

0ph3kR.jpg

Because I see your kind of post here everyday. I say if you have to ask the question like that, you need to bring in a Pro. These things maybe trivial to someone who's done it but to the newbie, it's rocket science (am exaggerating a little).

But OK, I give you the benefit of doubt, that you know around your wirings, work on your car's electrical blah-blah.

Looking at the picture, I will assume the white cables go the rooms but it's been left unterminated. So your job is to find out which cable goes to which room. Can you do that?

I also assume the one that is connected and bridged to the blue is the currently active.

I am making lots of assumptions without being there with my tools.

TRENDING THREADS