How to enable direct draw/direct 3d on rage IIC agp graphi..

kyle

hi again my bro has anotha problem for some reason his rage IIC AGP Enhanced
graphics card has direct draw and direct 3d disabled. it was enabled b4 and
now it says its not but it can be enabled but it doesnt work. should i just
uninstall direct x then re-install or wat?

You could try to reinstall directx again.

Here is the latest 9.0c version:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=0a9b6820-bfbb-4799-9908-d418cdeac197&DisplayLang=en

(may word wrap)

--

Randy Byrne
JAHP

"Kyle" <Kyle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hi again my bro has anotha problem for some reason his rage IIC AGP Enhanced
> graphics card has direct draw and direct 3d disabled. it was enabled b4 and
> now it says its not but it can be enabled but it doesnt work. should i just
> uninstall direct x then re-install or wat?

It's possible. However, I believe that it's not simple to uninstall DirectX.
(There are some thrid-party utilities that are supposed to do that, bu I
haven't tried them.)

He might also try to re-install the drivers for the graphics card.

I assume that he's using XP, as you've posted in an XP-related group. ATI
(www.ati.com) recommends the drivers included with XP. (I didn't realize
that a Rage IIc was *that* old.)

He may have to change the drivers to generic VGA ones, and then back to the
Rage ones.

Good luck.

"Kyle" <Kyle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hi again my bro has anotha problem for some reason his rage IIC AGP
> Enhanced
> graphics card has direct draw and direct 3d disabled. it was enabled b4
> and
> now it says its not but it can be enabled but it doesnt work. should i
> just
> uninstall direct x then re-install or wat?

kyle

Thx guys i re-installed directx on his comp and it works perfectly fine ty
very much

"Kyle" wrote:

> hi again my bro has anotha problem for some reason his rage IIC AGP Enhanced
> graphics card has direct draw and direct 3d disabled. it was enabled b4 and
> now it says its not but it can be enabled but it doesnt work. should i just
> uninstall direct x then re-install or wat?

Sir,
go to -->" Display Properties"--> Settings--> advanced--> Trouble shoot -->
slide "Hardware acceleration" to FULL--> enable "write combining" --> apply,
OK

now install Direct X Again, this will fix your problem, also try in start
menu --> run command --> "dxdiag.exe" and perform direct x test for agp
acceleration and direct draw.

Regards

Sony Payyappilly