Question How to enable/disable mouse on desktop

Aug 31, 2022
Hi.

My son accidently disabled the mouse by, I think, pressing some buttons.

The lights of the mouse are turned on (it's a wired mouse).
The mouse is working when plugged in to another computer.
USB port works fine
Pilotes and windows are updated.
Any mouse plugged in don't work.

I'm on windows 10 on a desktop computer.

Any idea how to fix this? Thanks!

Ralston18

Titan
Make and model mouse?

Will the mouse work if you boot into Safe Mode?

Try running the built in Windows Troubleshooters. The troubleshooters may find and fix something.

Manually download the mouse drivers directly from the manufacturer's website. Reinstall and reconfigure.

No third party tools or installers.

Using only the keyboard, open Device Manager and delete all of the mice, then reboot.

You'll have to know the usual keyboard shortcuts to navigate around (Ctrl-Esc or Windows Key to get Start Menu, Tab to move selections if arrows won't work and Alt to show the underline letters in Menus, space to select, etc)

Aug 31, 2022
Using only the keyboard, open Device Manager and delete all of the mice, then reboot.

You'll have to know the usual keyboard shortcuts to navigate around (Ctrl-Esc or Windows Key to get Start Menu, Tab to move selections if arrows won't work and Alt to show the underline letters in Menus, space to select, etc)

Make and model mouse?

Will the mouse work if you boot into Safe Mode?

Try running the built in Windows Troubleshooters. The troubleshooters may find and fix something.

Manually download the mouse drivers directly from the manufacturer's website. Reinstall and reconfigure.

No third party tools or installers.

starting the computer and safe mode made the mouse to come back alive! Thanks!