[SOLVED] How to Enable DLSS in Control (Game) on GeForce RTX 2060?

mxcrowe

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2008
I just put together a new system: MSI X470 Gaming Plus, Ryzen 5 3600, Gigabyte RTX 2060. I wanted to test performance and chose "Control" as a good game to showcase graphics. Everything works fine on the highest settings, but nothing I have tried allows me to check the box in the game display options to enable DLSS. Resolution is set at 1920x1080, but I have tried other settings. The box notes say that I need to have an RTX graphics adapter, which of course, I do. Anybody know why this isn't working for me?
Thanks

Solution
Is the Game patched to the latest version ? Also, which Nvidia GPU driver version are you using ? Is it the latest build ?

Do a clean re-install of both the GPU drivers as well as the Game.

mxcrowe

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2008
I am concerned about the Nvidia driver. When I installed Win10, it installed a driver by default (26.21.14.3200 (Nvidia 432.00) DCH / Win10 64, as reported by GPUZ). I tried to update it with the driver from the Gigabyte website, which is 417.41, but it won't apply (and the version number appears to be lower anyway). But you got me thinking about alternatives - once I downloaded the latest driver from Nvidia, that passed the system checks and successfully updated. Back in the game, DLSS now lets me check the box. All good.
Thanks!