Question How to enable dual channel memory?

Sep 5, 2021
Hi everyone!
I have a Gigabyte GA-H110M-S2PH with 2 DDR4 sticks. first one is 2133 MHz and another one is 2400 MHz. when I insert 2 RAM together. My PC Only shows 8GB of Samsung RAM. But when I run CPU-Z it shows 2 RAM. It shows Single Channel.

Seeking for your advice and suggestions

Thanks

Please Note: I have updated BIOS.

RAM Model: SAMSUNG M378A1K43CB2-CRC-2400Mhz
Corsair- CMK8GX4M1A2400C16-2133

Could be bent/broken pins in CPU socket.
Or - could be faulty ram module.

Test this way - use only single ram module, try to boot your system with this module in ram slot 1, then try in ram slot 2.
Then repeat the same test with second ram module.

If your system boots fine with one module in either ram slot, then ram slots are fine.
If with module #1 system boots fine and with module #2 doesn't boot, then module #2 is faulty.

Hi everyone!
I have a Gigabyte GA-H110M-S2PH with 2 DDR4 sticks. first one is 2133 MHz and another one is 2400 MHz. when I insert 2 RAM together. My PC Only shows 8GB of Samsung RAM. But when I run CPU-Z it shows 2 RAM. It shows Single Channel.

Seeking for your advice and suggestions

Thanks

Please Note: I have updated BIOS.

RAM Model: SAMSUNG M378A1K43CB2-CRC-2400Mhz
Corsair- CMK8GX4M1A2400C16-2133
Did you also update the chipset driver?

Mixing ram is a flip of a coin as to if they will play nice together.

Sep 5, 2021
Could be bent/broken pins in CPU socket.
Or - could be faulty ram module.

Test this way - use only single ram module, try to boot your system with this module in ram slot 1, then try in ram slot 2.
Then repeat the same test with second ram module.

If your system boots fine with one module in either ram slot, then ram slots are fine.
If with module #1 system boots fine and with module #2 doesn't boot, then module #2 is faulty.

RAM or PIN are both fine. I tried several ways as you advised. is there any options?

CMK8GX4M1A2400C16-2133 is this correct, when googled it comes up as 2400Mhz ram.

Install the Corsair stick and download CPU-z, open CPU-z take a screen shot of the Memory tab and the SPD tab. In the SPD tab you will have to select the slot the ram stick is in, should be slot 2.

You can use Imgur to upload the screenshot.
Also can you give us your computer specs so we know what we are working with.

Sep 5, 2021
CMK8GX4M1A2400C16-2133 is this correct, when googled it comes up as 2400Mhz ram.

Install the Corsair stick and download CPU-z, open CPU-z take a screen shot of the Memory tab and the SPD tab. In the SPD tab you will have to select the slot the ram stick is in, should be slot 2.

You can use Imgur to upload the screenshot.
Also can you give us your computer specs so we know what we are working with.
Please have a look below IMGUR link for your reference.
View: https://imgur.com/a/q54CwXM

Sep 27, 2021
WIndows sometimes uses less ram. Trying going to msconfig and set the max memory.
  1. type msconfig in the strat menu- open system configuration
  2. go to boot>advanced
  3. Change maximum memory

Last edited:
WIndows sometimes uses less ram. Trying going to msconfig and set the max memory.
  1. type msconfig in the strat menu- open system configuration
  2. go to boot>advanced
  3. Change maximum memory
That just imposes memory limitation.
There is no good reason to use those options under normal use.
May be only, if you're doing some software development and want to see, how system will perform with limited resources.

mamasan2000

Distinguished
BANNED
That just imposes memory limitation.
There is no good reason to use those options under normal use.
May be only, if you're doing some software development and want to see, how system will perform with limited resources.

Mm.
The only use-case I have seen is extreme RAM overclocking. B-die at 1.8 volts or higher. Have to limit accessible RAM for it to not fail.