Question How to enable Remote Management on Optilink OP XONT 71110AC Modem (Excitel FTTH).

mpalzz

Honorable
Mar 4, 2016
I want to access my Excitel modem 'Optilink OP XONT 71110AC' GUI from outside my home network.

For that I first configured dynamic dns into the modem's settings. I used NO-IP to create an account and bind my public ip to the url in NO-IP portal. I saved all this info in my modem's Dynamic DNS settings section along with my NO-IP account username and password. But I was not able to acces my modems GUI from internet. I also tried entering port :8080, :80 manually at the end of URL, but could not see the configration page of modem.

Then I simply entered 'mypublicip:8080' and 'mypublicip:80' on my web browser of my mobile, which was on data connection. This is as simply as I can try to access my modem's web gui from outside network. This didn't work either.

I only reason it didn't work is if either this modem do not support remote management at all or remote managemet has not been enabled yet on this modem. I looked into modem setting and could not find any setting related to remote management.

Am I missing something here?