[SOLVED] How to enter Gigabyte BIOS

RSDS1227

Distinguished
Feb 29, 2016
I installed a new Radeon RX 580 series GPU and now at startup the monitor doesn't come to life until way after the point to enter BIOS. Help please....

Solution
Ok, so hook the monitor to the motherboard(so you can see the bios), enter the bios and either set the 580 as the primary display adapter or disable the igpu. If you have no plans of running extra monitors using the igpu disabling it would be best as it will free up ram that was set aside to be vram for the igpu.

RSDS1227

Distinguished
Feb 29, 2016
Yes seated properly; I had an Integrated Intel HD Graphics 530 before and "no" I didn't do any uninstalling before I installed the new Radeon 580. I have since tried to go to "device Manager" and "disable" the device but after that I had all sorts of issues. So I am back to having two types of display adapters.

bignastyid

Titan
Ok, so hook the monitor to the motherboard(so you can see the bios), enter the bios and either set the 580 as the primary display adapter or disable the igpu. If you have no plans of running extra monitors using the igpu disabling it would be best as it will free up ram that was set aside to be vram for the igpu.

Solution

RSDS1227

Distinguished
Feb 29, 2016
Ok I will give it a try. Should I hook the monitor up to the new GPU with a HDMI at the same time I am hooked up to MB with DVI so when I go out of BIOS I can see the screen? Or am I overthinking it?