Question How to exceed max resolution?

tedsorvino

Commendable
Oct 12, 2018
Hi. Is there a way to exceed my old's lcd screen 1280 x 1025 max resolution, on windows 10 - 64 bit? Nothing extreme but I would like to go for a 4:3 1440 x 1080 (or around that area) for a particular program that needs it to work properly.
I know more modern screens are cheap and mine is obsolete, but before I get rid of it, I would like to know if there is a way. Any application or program or trick?
I'm using RYZEN 3 native graphic card Radeon Vega 8. No super resolution support for this one as far as I know.
Thank you.

If you have an NVIDIA GPU, you can enable something called DSR which will cause the GPU to render at a higher resolution but scale it down to the monitor's native resolution. It's not really useful outside of games.

I think AMD has a similar thing but I don't know what it's called.

DSzymborski

Titan
Virtual super resolution. Won't help the OP, of course.

OP, you would need a new monitor. There's no software that can overcome physical limitations. The only workaround is software that will let you set virtual machines with a higher resolution, which you'll then have to scroll around to see fully.

tedsorvino

Commendable
Oct 12, 2018
If you have an NVIDIA GPU, you can enable something called DSR which will cause the GPU to render at a higher resolution but scale it down to the monitor's native resolution. It's not really useful outside of games.

I think AMD has a similar thing but I don't know what it's called.

As I mentioned it's called super resolution, but for a reason it's not present (maybe not supported) on my card's panel. Any third party solutions or trick?

tedsorvino

Commendable
Oct 12, 2018
Virtual super resolution. Won't help the OP, of course.

OP, you would need a new monitor. There's no software that can overcome physical limitations. The only workaround is software that will let you set virtual machines with a higher resolution, which you'll then have to scroll around to see fully.

What kind of software? I have no idea. If it's not dangerous for my graphic card I would like to have an idea and maybe experiment a bit if I can find it.