[SOLVED] How to extend ds4 controller range on PC

gamepassion

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2011
My pc is upstairs but I have a hdmi tv linked downstairs. I want to play games both up and downstairs and do this with ds4 controllers. But bluetooth dongle can either up or downstairs and I can't have 2 dongles installed on the same pc. Is there a solution that I can have a bluetooth signal upstairs AND downstairs?

Solution
The PC is up. I mostly play from there. But for some family game time, I like to play from down (livingroom). So I would like to also have my controller work in the livingroom).

Yes but what you are connecting the controller to when you use it downstairs, is it still off the computer a floor above? For that long range you will need to use the USB extender cable and run that down closer to the other room.
My pc is upstairs but I have a hdmi tv linked downstairs. I want to play games both up and downstairs and do this with ds4 controllers. But bluetooth dongle can either up or downstairs and I can't have 2 dongles installed on the same pc. Is there a solution that I can have a bluetooth signal upstairs AND downstairs?

Bit confusing why you are talking about two dongles in the same PC and about playing upstairs and downstairs. The computer is connected to the TV and you play off that? Or do you have something else on the TV downstairs that you use? The bluetooth link is not strong enough to reach far, it's made for close range communication. Without bringing the computer downstairs you may be able to run a USB extender cable to where the TV is from the computer and plug in the dongle to that so the signal reaches.

The PC is up. I mostly play from there. But for some family game time, I like to play from down (livingroom). So I would like to also have my controller work in the livingroom).

Yes but what you are connecting the controller to when you use it downstairs, is it still off the computer a floor above? For that long range you will need to use the USB extender cable and run that down closer to the other room.

Solution