[SOLVED] How to Extend My Mobile Hotspot Signal or Cellphone Hotspot?

erasmo0284

Prominent
Aug 19, 2020
Hi, people. I would like some ideas or suggestions about how to extend my cellphone hotspot. I'm looking for a device "if it exists" that connects to my cellphone spot and then extends the hotspot signal so I can connect multiples devices and at the same time have a stronger signal.

The reason I want to do this is, that when I activate the hotspot in the phone and connect devices if those devices are 20ft away the signal is too poor or low.

Is there any way to activate my hotspot on my phone, and connect like a router to my hotspot and then connect my devices to the router?

Can anybody help me with this? thank you

Solution
the phone has a low power output due to the normal use. it is not designed to go long distances nor serve multiple devices at once.

you could probably get a device that takes in the signal and outputs a stronger one. but i don't think you'll see good performance since the phone is still the weak point. it may get a signal further but the phone probably won't be able to handle multiple devices beyond basic web browsing. video streaming or trying to game with it won't happen for multiple devices for sure. you are also still limited to your plan's speed cap which will hinder things as well.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
the phone has a low power output due to the normal use. it is not designed to go long distances nor serve multiple devices at once.

you could probably get a device that takes in the signal and outputs a stronger one. but i don't think you'll see good performance since the phone is still the weak point. it may get a signal further but the phone probably won't be able to handle multiple devices beyond basic web browsing. video streaming or trying to game with it won't happen for multiple devices for sure. you are also still limited to your plan's speed cap which will hinder things as well.

Reactions: erasmo0284
Solution

TRENDING THREADS