How to extract game cursors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad213Boy

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2006
Anyone know how to extract cursors from games? I've been dieing to get my hands on the Legacy of Kain - Blood Omen 2 cursor for desktop use.

Well, in theory the graphics that make up the cursors should be in a folder in the game directory somewhere. I've seen this with some games but not others; they may be buried inside a big library file. Scan through the game folder and see if the icon pictures are there.

My advice would be to post in the game's forums and get the developers to help you. Even if you could extract the icon files, getting them to work in Windows is a whole other ballgame. But maybe you already know how to do that bit.

cafuddled

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
Don't talk to the developers what ever you do, you will just give them ideas and we will have to pay £3.99 for the cursor pack just like you have to pay the same price for wallpapers for the Xbox360 yuck

On another note... 800 Microsoft points to change your name... I set this name up on the original Xbox they didn't charge me 6 quid to change my name back then, what a bunch of corporate bull :(

Last edited by a moderator:

Bad213Boy

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2006
Ya I just posted on Soul Reavers forum about extracting this icon. Hopefully they'll tell me which file its in. I already found the software to extract any textures, but its just finding the damn thing, lol. Thx though.

As far as paying for extras and stuff, I'm not too concerned. You can find anything digital on Torrent sites now. I'm sure you can find just about any Wallpaper for teh Xbox on a Torrent site. I'm sure you could find what ever pics you like of Soul Reaver on the net and just find something to convert them and transfer them onto your Xbox.

GObonzo

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2011
so you never found out? just been doing quick search thru Crysis folders looking for the ingame cursors. remember extracting them when it was first released but i lost em somewhere down the line.

USAFRet

Titan
Its depends on the game if it is an UNREAL ENGINE game you can use umodel to browse the game .PAK files and search for the cursor and extract it then you can use Artcursors to convert it into a .cur file since it get extracted as .tga file.
And if it is a UNITY game you can use UABE to extract the assets.
This thread is 12 years old.
The most recent post is 9 years ago.

Please don't dredge up ancient threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.