Question How to figure out which hardware is faulty?

udpratap7

Honorable
Nov 10, 2013
Specs :-
AMD Ryzen 3600
MSI B450M VDH PRO 2
16 GB RAM
MSI Geforce 1660 Ti
Corsair VS550 Power Supply (6 years old)
Windows 10 Pro Version 1903
Latest BIOS

I recently built this PC, two things I carried over from last PC are a hard drive and power supply. Everything was running smoothly but from last month or so PC crashing a lot, games crashing randomly to desktop without error message. BSODs such as K MODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED and KERNEL INVALID LOCK RELEASE. Sometimes just loud screeching sound with PC freezing not necessarily while playing games.

I ran memory diagnostics tests, performed clean install of Windows but can't find whats wrong with my PC and I don't even have spare parts for trial and error.

udpratap7

Honorable
Nov 10, 2013
I just installed chrome, Spotify, steam and Avast.
I uninstalled Avast though.
Also I just had a BSOD with Kernel Security check failure while browsing Internet with screeching sound.

And I did this with my Windows (Removed Everything)

Oussebon

Upstanding
Feb 17, 2020
If it was a clean install of Windows, with all partitions deleted so they were just listed as "unallocated space", and if it was a freshly created Windows installation media made direct from the Microsoft website, activated with a valid licence, I'd probably run CHKDSK

I'm not an expert at all, but as far as I can tell "Kernel Security check failure" generally means a driver issue / bad OS installation, but if you have a clean Windows install with very minimal software, that's puzzling.

https://neosmart.net/wiki/chkdsk/#CHKDSK_in_Windows_10