[SOLVED] How to find and fix a memory leak

Dec 29, 2020
So I have this issue where the longer I use my computer without restarting, the more ram that gets used up as can be seen in the picture below (There were no open applications or anything when I took the picture). I have no idea how to find where the memory leak is coming from and I definitely wouldn't know how to fix it anyway so if someone could help me with both that would be awesome.

Image:

Solution
i would uninstall it and do a malwares and virus scan from another maker i did leave it to minimal settings and use avast free as virus software i also use malwaresbytes to scan them and on demand got 16 gig of ram and the max system use now is 24% of it .

jadenwoolworth

Reputable
Sep 24, 2017
Is there a way that I can detect what software is causing it so that I can remove that software?
if you click on your memory percentage it will sort by most to least usage programs. Then figure out if there's anything there that shouldn't be. Sometimes the issue is you have too many things opening on startup. you should go to the startup tab and make sure that everything you don't need when you turn on your computer is disabled.

Dec 29, 2020
if you click on your memory percentage it will sort by most to least usage programs. Then figure out if there's anything there that shouldn't be. Sometimes the issue is you have too many things opening on startup. you should go to the startup tab and make sure that everything you don't need when you turn on your computer is disabled.
The issue is that task manager will say that programs are using 500 MB of memory but I'm somehow at 56% memory usage. I have 16 GB of ram installed so obviously this doesn't make any sense, it even shows that I'm using around 8GB of ram when I go to the performance tab but none of the running programs seem to reflect that.

kanewolf

Titan
The issue is that task manager will say that programs are using 500 MB of memory but I'm somehow at 56% memory usage. I have 16 GB of ram installed so obviously this doesn't make any sense, it even shows that I'm using around 8GB of ram when I go to the performance tab but none of the running programs seem to reflect that.
MS has this tool -- https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/rammap
It may provide more info.
It is most likely a device driver problem. Was this a clean Windows install for this motherboard?

This sounds about right to me. If you look at my task manager screenshot I have 24% memory usage from 32GB so it is pretty much the same amount as you

Dec 29, 2020
This sounds about right to me. If you look at my task manager screenshot I have 24% memory usage from 32GB so it is pretty much the same amount as you
The problem is that more and more memory will get used up as I use my computer until I have to eventually restart because I can't run any programs, this is something that happens daily and is definitely not supposed to be happening as it didn't happen before.

scout_03

Titan
Ambassador
i would uninstall it and do a malwares and virus scan from another maker i did leave it to minimal settings and use avast free as virus software i also use malwaresbytes to scan them and on demand got 16 gig of ram and the max system use now is 24% of it .

Solution