How to find bad driver? Driver Verifier SPECIAL_POOL_DETECTED_MEMORY_CORRUPTION

HuskyBuilder

Reputable
Dec 13, 2014
I enabled driver verifier because my pc kept randomly freezing. Every time on startup after enabling Driver Verifier it would BSOD and give me the error message SPECIAL_POOL_DETECTED_MEMORY_CORRUPTION
How do I find the faulty driver?

To make sure my SSD wasn't the problem, I have reinstalled Windows 8.1 on my HDD and if it keeps freezing, I will recreate the error to get the crashdump if anyone knows how to decipher that :p

HuskyBuilder

Reputable
Dec 13, 2014

I will do it right away! Is there anything I'm looking for when performing these tests?

HuskyBuilder

Reputable
Dec 13, 2014
Do you know how many passes I need to perform? And this error (according to the Microsoft website) is linked to a bad driver! I'd appreciate some help from somebody who knows how to find the bad driver rather than performing tests that may or may not be in vain since my RAM is brand new.

HuskyBuilder

Reputable
Dec 13, 2014
I will try that. Sadly I can't reproduce the freezings as I wish, it's very random. I will have to wait and use my pc as if it will work until it freezes. I will try the unsigned driver thing :p

HuskyBuilder

Reputable
Dec 13, 2014
I still think it will freeze as the event viewer still keeps giving me the same warning event. The description is related to a driver!!! This might be the culprit. If you can help me solve this it would be awesome! Description:
The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device SWD\SensorsAndLocationEnum\LPSensorSWDevice.

HuskyBuilder

Reputable
Dec 13, 2014
Excuse my laziness it's just that I don't trust myself. I unplugged my SSD which I think is causing the problem, stay tuned to see if the problem ocurred using the OS on the HDD. Can an overheating CPU just freeze the pc completely? I discarded the idea of bad cooling because an overheating CPU is supposed to shut down the whole system right? My CPU also never went above or at 40C when it froze (temperatures monitored using RealTemp) which is extremely low compared to the preferred max at 70C (which I have never reached!)

HuskyBuilder

Reputable
Dec 13, 2014
It froze again on the HDD :( I left it in hope of it unfreezing but I came back to a BSoD with an error code relating to either the HDD or RAM being defect. I ran memtest86 but the pc shut down in the middle of the first pass. Anyone know why?

TRENDING THREADS