How to find my windows 7 product key

Status
Not open for further replies.

cadilia

Honorable
Sep 29, 2013
I DONT HAVE MY WINDOWS 7 PRODUCT KEY . I JUST RE-INSTALLED WINDOWS 7 AND I DIDNT WRITE DOWN THE PRODUCT KEY AND I CANT READ STICKER ON BOTTOM OF LAPTOP. ANY SUGGESTIONS?

Solution

HE says he just reinstalled the OS so there is no key entered to find !!!

@OP -
Best bet at this point would be to contact the support dept. of the laptop manufacturer -- with the laptop model and serial # and the partially readable sticker info they should be able to provide you with a new key (assuming you are using the original OS that came with the product and not an upgraded OS )

HE says he just reinstalled the OS so there is no key entered to find !!!

@OP -
Best bet at this point would be to contact the support dept. of the laptop manufacturer -- with the laptop model and serial # and the partially readable sticker info they should be able to provide you with a new key (assuming you are using the original OS that came with the product and not an upgraded OS )

Solution

Yes it gives you 30 days but you do not enter a key therefore there is no way for a program like the jelly bean to find the key since it is not entered !!

Nicely written -- but did you even read the thread's initial post ????

Just in case here it is again :

I DONT HAVE MY WINDOWS 7 PRODUCT KEY . I JUST RE-INSTALLED WINDOWS 7 AND I DIDNT WRITE DOWN THE PRODUCT KEY AND I CANT READ STICKER ON BOTTOM OF LAPTOP. ANY SUGGESTIONS?

And to summarize -- He already wiped the system and does not have a copy of the key so kind of late to try and retreive it ! And since it is an OEM laptop MS will not issue a NEW KEY - that is up to the OEM to provide ( Though if the OEM fails to help once you give them the make and model and serial # of the laptop - you can then try MS and they might help since the OEM is refusing but under normal circumstances the OEM provides end user support which is why they got the OS cheaper ! )

warlock72

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2014
I know this is old post but for anyone with the same problem

Take it to a pc repair shop and ask them to scan the barcode. We have one at work. The number may have worn away but the barcode should still be there. They will scan it and look up online to tell you the product key. It only takes minutes.

Rick3

Reputable
Nov 23, 2014

I do not often comment on Forums, but as I used this forum yesterday along with the above program to find my Windows 7 Product Key, I wanted to share my experiences in hopes of warning others. While the magicaljellybean keyfinder program did find my product immediately on install without me having to do anything. However, with the download also came a very unwanted program called TuneUp Utilities, which may be an AVG product, but I'm not sure. There was no notice on the website that the TuneUp program was also part of the download. This program would not uninstall and I couldn't stop it process from running. More worrying was that it messed with my Norton AntiVirus program and I was really scared that in solving one problem, I let a monster out of the bag. I eventually had to resort to editing the registry, something I do NOT like to do, but after hundreds of deletes I got most of it. Please be careful!

Status
Not open for further replies.