How to find Win7 driver for old laptops?

elvispresleyfannn

Honorable
Aug 12, 2013
Hello everyone.I've got the laptop called Toshiba Satellite A30.You know, this is very old laptop.But, it's enough for me because, I don't play video games on it.Just, internet-surfing and studying.When I install Windows 7 on my old friend, there will be a problem about the driver of its Video Card.Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find an Windows 7 driver for many ages.I really need help.I don't know what I can do.I have to use Windows XP but; most of new applications are't compatible with Windows XP.So; I had better use Windows 7 or 8 o my laptop.In fact, I must.My economical situation isn't good to buy a new laptop.My laptop is already enough for me.My friends, what can i do?Please give me some advice.I wanna help.If it's possible, I want to use Windows XP drivers on Windows 7 or convert them to Windows 7 drivers or emulate them for Windows 7.I need some help.Thanks a lot.I'm staying for your answers.

RealBeast

Titan
I've used Windows XP drivers on Windows 7 installs in similar situations many times and they almost always have worked. Once you have installed Windows 7 and the Intel chipset driver you can go to the particular driver installer, right click on it, select properties, click the compatibility tab, check the box to run in compatibility mode and select XP SP2, apply, exit the window and then run the installer.

RealBeast

Titan
Since you cannot run 7 on that machine if you really need 7 and XP, I run XP as a virtual machine on a newer machine that has Windows 7 x64. If you only need Windows XP in addition to 7, just buy Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate or Enterprise on an inexpensive newer machine and run XP Mode. Read THIS. It runs everything very well in a windowed XP, so no need to dual boot.