Jan 25, 2013
i need instructions on how to fix high CPU's it mentions many diff. issues
Win media,host server Seti services Etc it is constant please let me no what
i need to do i have Win 7 home add. 64 bit int exp.10 contact [no email]

jhansen

Honorable
Jan 21, 2013
Hi garybj,
There are could be a ton of different possibilities of why your CPU load is constantly at 100%. Is there a lot of bloat-ware on your computer? Bloat-ware are programs that are installed by the manufacturer that most people don't use and can slow down a PC or make the CPU work harder than it should. Most likely, having a bunch of different tasks running is probably the problem. The solution would be to uninstall unneeded software and then see where that takes you.
Hope this helps,
jhansen

download ccleaner first run it to free up some space on your drive. then download malware bytes and reboot and run it it safe mode. if it finds a virus on a clean pc downlowd and make a hirem boot cd or a enerancy boot cd from a anti virus company. want to scan your system from a boot cd.

mastershand

Reputable
Aug 22, 2014
PLEASE TRY THIS IF OTHER METHOD FAILED. Often I too HAD 100%CPU usage problem in my windows 7 Laptop. Though I close all programs before shutting down, there used to be a message “waiting to close down the programs that is running”. Thank God it is SOLVED NOW.I believe that he only helped me to solve it .No other experts could help me nor am I an expert. I don't say that the problem faced by you is also like mine because this Problem can be due to other reasons as well .But you may try this metod.Any way this is a very safe method also. But this applies only for laptop etc: and not for desktop. After shutting down the laptop remove the battery and charger plug .Then press start button just like for switching on the laptop and hold the button for 10-15 seconds. Computer will not start as there is no power but it can remove the problem (This is just like removing the battery in mobiles when it hangs etc: ) After that again place the battery back and start it as usual.This helped me . Now it is fine.May God help you .

Brother1

Reputable
Aug 25, 2014
Your suggested solution worked for me. Thanks dude

pbates33

Honorable
Oct 26, 2013

Disable skype. I had the same issue, with high CPU with nothing running.
Steps I took:
Ran task manager, nothing showed that was abnormal as far as I could see.
Had Skype on my box, but never use and thought it wasn't running.
Ran CCleaner, cleaned everything, still high cpu usage
Went to CC > tools > startup,
I run firefox, not IE,
On IE tab, noticed that Skype dll was running. disabled it and wahlah, my cpu usage dropped from 97% to 6%.
Hope this helps, as it helped me!

calin7

Reputable
Apr 21, 2015
Only God did help you, everything else you explained cannot fix a slow laptop. :)
Also meditation might work where God doesn't.

Samsaram

Reputable
May 10, 2015
I hope God does not care about high CPU. Anyways my CPU cycles were consumed by TrustedInstaller on windows 7, so disabling windows update service resolved the issue,

byawire

Reputable
May 25, 2015
I have been struggling with this issue it seems like forever since i bought a used computer. this fixed everything for me.
I have verified I have no viruses, all drivers are up to date, etc.. I have tried everything i that I could find by searching the web all to no avail.
This is what finally worked for me.

Type mscongfig in the search programs and files box.
click on the Boot tab
go to Advanced Options...
Uncheck the boxes for Number of Processors and Maximum Memory.

My computer now runs as it should.
Hope it works for you.

PDunn

Reputable
Jun 5, 2015
These were already unchecked for me unfortunately. My computer is pretty unusable right now. If I shutdown and then reboot the system will be ok for a little while but then the 100% CPU cranks back up as soon as I open a browser window. I have checked for virus and spyware etc but found nothing. Usually the offending process will be either chrome or IE depending what browser I open.

mike123456789

Reputable
Aug 5, 2015

Just wanted to thank you for this solution. I was fighting with this problem for 2 days straight.
Had the same issue both in windows 7 and 10. Now it is solved completely.

Thorastur

Reputable
Aug 9, 2015
Well my cpu went to 100 % every time i tryed to update windows,i tryed all solutions with not sucess,but i found one that works for me,the solution was open internet explorer and leave open until update finish

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS