How to fix 1TB that is not blinking?

Ooohsehun

Commendable
Aug 16, 2016
I have a 1TB toshiba where i usually stores my movies that i download and files. But one day when i plug it in my laptop it wasn’t read, the light doesn’t blinking. I try to buy a new chord because i thought it was the problem but when the technician try it with my hard drive it wasn’t blinking and reading at all. What should be the problem of this TB? Please heelp! Thank you

Welcome to the community, @Ooohsehun!

Unfortunately, you could be dealing with a failed external HDD just like @CountMike mentioned. :( I'd advise you to check how the HDD will get recognized in another computer. If it still struggles getting detected, then indeed, your HDD has most probably failed. However, you should check the warranty on the external drive from the manufacturer's official website. If it's still covered, contact them and send an RMA request to get a replacement. If is not under warranty, you could also try taking it out of the enclosure and plugging it via SATA internally to your computer.

If you have any important data on it, that you wish to retrieve. You should better contact a professional data recovery company for assistance. They are your best bet on getting any of those files back.

Keep us posted with the troubleshooting, though. Good luck! :)
SuperSoph_WD

Ooohsehun

Commendable
Aug 16, 2016