[SOLVED] how to fix 515 power suply fan not detected hp elitedesk 800 g1

Kasmil

Commendable
May 31, 2019
i upgrade an power supply from 320w to corsair vx550w on hp elitedesk 800 g1 twr. And i buy the atx adapter cable for hp. But when i start a pc i display this warnig "515 power suply fan not detected" press f to conntinue. How can i fix it or dissable it

Solution
trying to get rid because it just a nuisance

If not in the BIOS, there's a way but it's up to you of its worth it, which is why I want you to post pics.

You know how most DC fans are three wire? +12, ground and tach? The board is just looking for any tach signal, so theoretically you can use a jumper wire to take the tach signal from one fan, like the CPU fan or rear fan, and connect it to the PSU fan header's tach signal pin.
i upgrade an power supply from 320w to corsair vx550w on hp elitedesk 800 g1 twr. And i buy the atx adapter cable for hp. But when i start a pc i display this warnig "515 power suply fan not detected" press f to conntinue. How can i fix it or dissable it

You don't fix it since ATX power supplies don't have fan sensor leads.

Press F10 to enter the system BIOS. Check to see if you can disable it there. But I doubt you can.

@Kasmil

Take a picture of the header on the motherboard where the old PSU plugged in for fan monitoring and take a picture of the connector from the old PSU where it used to plug into that header.

Does the PC not post beyond this point preventing you from using the PC, or is it just a nuisance that you're trying to get rid of?

trying to get rid because it just a nuisance

If not in the BIOS, there's a way but it's up to you of its worth it, which is why I want you to post pics.

You know how most DC fans are three wire? +12, ground and tach? The board is just looking for any tach signal, so theoretically you can use a jumper wire to take the tach signal from one fan, like the CPU fan or rear fan, and connect it to the PSU fan header's tach signal pin.

Solution