Question How to fix a GPU that doesn't give signal

Slavunea

Prominent
Mar 8, 2022
So yesterday I joined in gta V.I have a amd x4 620 processor with a gtx 460 OC.Once I joined my screen blacked out.After I rebooted my pc nothing was showing up.After I changed the PSU,I got it running but with screen artifacts and a yellow triangle on the gpu in device manager.It wouldn't recognize the gpu and after I installed the drivers again,It jsut blacked out.Now when I turn it on,the fans work and everything the system boots but with no signal to my monitor.I tested a 9600 and it did work and the iGPU aswell.Can i do smth to fix it?

Slavunea

Prominent
Mar 8, 2022
full system spec? include brand and model of the psu
I got a Amd x4 620
Gtx 460 OC 1gb model
A colorsit psu I think(literally unbranded crap)450w
8gb ddr2 800mhz ram
And a 400 gb hdd from Samsung
note that I used a different psu also at 450w and also unbranded and did switch a lot of things

Slavunea

Prominent
Mar 8, 2022
That sounds like the video card just died not much to do, you can try it in another PC f you have the same problem it's pretty much new video card time.
I will try it right now,but if the fans are spinning, isn't that a working gpu?
Can't it be because of the drivers?I installed them 2 times while the other ones where still installed and from that moment The monitor was inaccesibile with this GPU and if the gpu is even in the slot,now even the iGPU works.I gotta remove it

USAFRet

Titan
I will try it right now,but if the fans are spinning, isn't that a working gpu?
Can't it be because of the drivers?I installed them 2 times while the other ones where still installed and from that moment The monitor was inaccesibile with this GPU and if the gpu is even in the slot,now even the iGPU works.I gotta remove it
That just means the fans spin. Says nothing about the rest of it.

InvalidError

Titan
Repairing the card requires someone with the troubleshooting insight to do the board-level repair and will almost certainly cost you $200+. You are better off buying a new entry-level GPU or upgrading your system to an i3-12100/i5-12400/12500 or Ryzen 5600G so you can use the IGP.

TRENDING THREADS