How to fix a logical damaged USB drive! [RAW mode, non-accessable]

Alanthor

Reputable
Mar 17, 2014
Wow got damn im so thrilled right now! I've been trying and trying for the past days, and I finally got it to work. I dont know if this "fix" works for everyone, but i can atleast share how I did.

I couldnt access my disk at all. It said 0MB, it was in RAW format, I couldnt format it, I couldnt run ANY disk error tool at all! NOTHING.

Connect your logically damaged usb drive.
Go to Device Manager, expand "Disk Drives", right click on your damaged disk and click Properties.
Go to the "Drivers" tab and click "Disable".
Replug/reconnect your damaged usb drive.
Find it in Device manager, and then enable it.

That's how I made it to work! Windows 7. :D The data is still there too. No data is lost. I just had 4 pictures in a folder, but they are there :eek:

Solution

Yea, I know.. I was myself trouble-shooting the device... And that simple step recovered my whole USB drive, without loss of data... I cant figure it out how actually.. I tryed "uninstall" and such, but nop.. "Disable" and then "Enable" was the fix, lol :S

If you like this post, I would appreciate a REP :D

Alanthor

Reputable
Mar 17, 2014

Yea, I know.. I was myself trouble-shooting the device... And that simple step recovered my whole USB drive, without loss of data... I cant figure it out how actually.. I tryed "uninstall" and such, but nop.. "Disable" and then "Enable" was the fix, lol :S

If you like this post, I would appreciate a REP :D

Solution

"REP" - Sure! How do I do that?

Great! We appreciate your contributions!

There is an old saying "The best way to learn a subject is to write a book on it!"

David_647

Honorable
Mar 12, 2017
Sadly it hasn't worked for me.
I think the drive might be bricked due to a failed format for use with a freeview box (as a drive to record to) I know it's an old thread; just letting you guys know that it doesn't seem to work in win10.