[SOLVED] How to fix an external memory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
I assume you mean either a USB hard drive or a USB thumb drive.

Assuming it's a USB hard drive, you would have to crack open the case and install the hard drive into a computer by normal means (hook up the SATA data and SATA power cables).

The above assumes it's not the hard drive but the electronics in the case that are the problem. If it's the hard drive you're out of luck.

Obviously ruining the case voids the Warranty.

*If you have more information I'd be glad to help further.

Bridgecolor

Distinguished
May 1, 2011
I need some advise please, I got an external memory at office depot and it fell after that it doesn't connect to the pc any more, any one would know if there is a way to recuperate the information?
Thanks.
Marisa.

I assume you mean either a USB hard drive or a USB thumb drive.

Assuming it's a USB hard drive, you would have to crack open the case and install the hard drive into a computer by normal means (hook up the SATA data and SATA power cables).

The above assumes it's not the hard drive but the electronics in the case that are the problem. If it's the hard drive you're out of luck.

Obviously ruining the case voids the Warranty.

*If you have more information I'd be glad to help further.

Solution

Bridgecolor

Distinguished
May 1, 2011
Hi there, thank you...
The external memory is the size of a wallet and as thin as a Blackbery it just doesn't connect. I opened it and tried to connect it with the cable but its the same thing , nothing... will it loose all the data by falling to the ground? I should of known best and put the info on discs like the oldies...
I thank you very much, I'll try again later this evening and see if I get lucky... It makes me very sad because this are like all my weddings for a year!
Thank you ,
Marisa.

Status
Not open for further replies.