How to fix BEDAISY.SYS

Status
Not open for further replies.

kodak9339

Commendable
Aug 6, 2018
After getting repeated crashes everytime I try to launch Fortnite, I've finally downloaded whocrashed, after anylyzing my recent crashes, I've found a fault module called Bedaisy.sys and ntoskrnl.exe.
I have scanned my computer for viruses, all came up clean, checked my RAM using Memory diagnostics, checked if all my drivers were updated, defragged and optimised my solid state and hard drive, ran cmd. Everything seemed fine.

I've known that this is a common problem in games that use the Battle eye launcher.

Here are the details :

On Mon 6/08/2018 3:58:03 AM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\080618-107265-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x198560)
Bugcheck code: 0x50 (0xFFFFF801AFCAA4A0, 0x10, 0xFFFFF801AFCAA4A0, 0x2)
Error: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Mon 6/08/2018 3:58:03 AM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP
This was probably caused by the following module: bedaisy.sys (BEDaisy+0x24BEB8)
Bugcheck code: 0x50 (0xFFFFF801AFCAA4A0, 0x10, 0xFFFFF801AFCAA4A0, 0x2)
Error: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
Bug check description: This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: bedaisy.sys .
Google query: bedaisy.sys PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

I run an ASUS ROG strix laptop -

GTX 1060
Core i7 6700 HQ processor
16GB RAM
1TB
Windows 10 Home

If I missed something, please ask me anything and I will reply asap, very much appreciated for all your answers, thankyou. :)

Solution
its possible reset might fix it, as it could just be an old driver. Reset process will get all new ones.

I am curious if you have Version V1.0.0050 of the ATK ACPI as the date of the installed version is July 2 2013 and the version of the web site is dated Oct 17 2016
there are newer versions of Audio drivers
there are newer LAN drivers (but the ones on Asus site older than the ones on next link) - http://www.realtek.com.tw/Downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Conn=4&DownTypeID=3&Langid=1&Level=5&PFid=5&PNid=13

https://www.asus.com/us/Laptops/ROG-GL502VM/HelpDesk_Download/

Colif

Win 11 Master
bedaisy = BattleEye anti-cheat driver. It is part of cheat protection in a number of popular games. Such as PUBG, Fortnite

https://forums.playbattlegrounds.com/topic/101004-bedaisysys-bsod/

can you go to C:\windows\minidump
copy the minidumps from here to another folder
upload the copies from new folder to a file sharing web site and show a link here. I will ask someone to convert them into a file I can read which should show what other drivers were running at time.

kodak9339

Commendable
Aug 6, 2018

Hey, thanks for replying!

Here are the 2 minidumps that I found, I'm pretty new to using Dropbox, but I hope this link shows it to you : https://www.dropbox.com/home/minidumps

kodak9339

Commendable
Aug 6, 2018

I'm sorry, I couldn't understand how to work it on Dropbox so I added it onto Google Drive instead, hope this link works : https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/19-vPjE0B8gGAzcFqrQHF6obzmkqqjtdv?usp=sharing

kodak9339

Commendable
Aug 6, 2018

Thanks for the reply! but unfortunately that didn't fix the problem. I uninstalled and reinstalled the battle eye launcher and the computer blue screened again, this time showing the error : DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION. I doubt its got anything to do with Fortnite's bugs, updates or patches, I think it's more of a driver issue on my computer.

gardenman

Splendid
Google Drive is fine. I ran the dump files through the debugger and got the following information: https://pste.eu/p/bzHA.html

File: 080718-70015-01.dmp (Aug 7 2018 - 02:51:52)
BugCheck: [DRIVER_PAGE_FAULT_BEYOND_END_OF_ALLOCATION (D6)]
Probably caused by: memory_corruption (Process: System)
Uptime: 0 Day(s), 19 Hour(s), 56 Min(s), and 11 Sec(s)

File: 080618-107265-01.dmp (Aug 6 2018 - 04:58:03)
BugCheck: [PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50)]
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for BEDaisy.sys
Probably caused by: memory_corruption (Process: csrss.exe)
Uptime: 0 Day(s), 3 Hour(s), 16 Min(s), and 27 Sec(s)

File: 080918-128640-01.dmp (Aug 9 2018 - 03:04:10)
BugCheck: [DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION (C4)]
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for EasyAntiCheat.sys
Probably caused by: memory_corruption (Process: EACLaunch.exe)
Uptime: 2 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 10 Min(s), and 47 Sec(s)

The overclocking driver "IOCBios2.sys" was found on your system.

Motherboard: https://www.asus.com/us/ROG-Republic-Of-Gamers/ROG-GL502VM/
It appears that you have the latest BIOS installed.

I can't help you with this. Wait for additional replies. Good luck.

kodak9339

Commendable
Aug 6, 2018

Oh okay, I hope someone can help me fix this issue soon. I appreciate the help, Thankyou!

kodak9339

Commendable
Aug 6, 2018

Yeah Fortnite was downloaded from Epic games and the other game that uses easyanticheat that also crashed my computer was Farcry 5, which is from steam.

And I have no idea what that driver is? Did it just suddenly slip into my computer and cause conflicts? And if so how do I remove it?

kodak9339

Commendable
Aug 6, 2018

Okay I just checked my computer for the program via checking apps and features and strange, I didn't find it anyway. Should it be on my computer?

kodak9339

Commendable
Aug 6, 2018

Ah never mind what I said previously, I just searched it up on the search bar and it came up. Yes I have Asus Gamefirst IV installed.
I just had to type in 'Gamefirst IV' for it show up.

kodak9339

Commendable
Aug 6, 2018

So I opened the Gamefirst IV and once again the computer crashed, showing the DRIVER VERIFIER DETECTED VIOLATION error.

On Fri 10/08/2018 1:55:16 AM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\081018-136796-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x198560)
Bugcheck code: 0xC4 (0x2001B, 0xFFFFF80111CD1B50, 0x0, 0x0)
Error: DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This is the general bug check code for fatal errors found by Driver Verifier.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

kodak9339

Commendable
Aug 6, 2018

Sorry for the late reply, so I got back onto my computer to unistall Gamefirst IV, once unistalled my computer had to restart. So after booting back into windows and running Fortnite, the computer crashed again. I tried the second time, same thing happened. I opened the Minidump folder and the recent minidump wasn't found. I am very lost now and out of ideas.

Colif

Win 11 Master
is it showing a bsod or just freezing? If it freezes, it may not have time to create a minidump

why have you got mixed ram sticks? you have a micron & samsung ram stick in same channel, pretty sure thats not right. it could cause errors. try putting one of them in a different slot.

kodak9339

Commendable
Aug 6, 2018

Well it just freezes for a split second and then it crashes, but I think it just does that because it’s just loading the blue screen.

Also different RAM sticks? Well I’ve never opened my computer before but I think it’s time I do to take a look inside. I’ve never changed them before and it’s been like that since I got this laptop last year in May.

But to what I know, there’s one 8gb RAM stick that is soldered on board while there is space to add an extra. Not sure if you can remove the other one RAM module though.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Somewhere along line I missed it was a laptop. Does taking it apart break a warranty? if its still got cover, I would think about getting it repaired, so as to not lose anything.

Here shows how to take it apart - https://www.myfixguide.com/asus-rog-gl502vm-disassembly-and-ssd-hdd-ram-upgrade-options/ - See step 2, I don't think you can remove the built in 8gb (since its soldered on) but should be able to remove the other to see if taking it out fixes anything (and run memtest on the ram that is there now). If the ram that is soldered on does have errors, you might need to get Asus to fix it

If you never taken it apart, I guess we blame the ram thing on Asus.

kodak9339

Commendable
Aug 6, 2018

Yeah, I should just take it apart and have a look, it doesn’t have warranty on it anymore as it was for only 1 year (kinda wish it was 2) so I can’t really take it back.

The ram is detected on my computer and says it has no issues, it also seems to be working (like task manager percentage.) when I’m playing heavy games, but even any game I play nowadays, the FPS just stutters inconsistently which is probably related to the same issue. Everything just went downhill that day, crashes aren’t random and only are triggered by certain applications or plugging in a driver. (Xbox one controller.)

I have a computer repair shop in town, I just hope I can trust them enough to fix it for me. I’m going to try resetting windows soon because there isn’t really anything on this computer except games. I just hope it isn’t truly a faulty ram though as I still believe it’s a driver issue but it’s possible.

Thanks a lot for the help though, I really appreciate it, Colif.

Colif

Win 11 Master
its possible reset might fix it, as it could just be an old driver. Reset process will get all new ones.

I am curious if you have Version V1.0.0050 of the ATK ACPI as the date of the installed version is July 2 2013 and the version of the web site is dated Oct 17 2016
there are newer versions of Audio drivers
there are newer LAN drivers (but the ones on Asus site older than the ones on next link) - http://www.realtek.com.tw/Downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Conn=4&DownTypeID=3&Langid=1&Level=5&PFid=5&PNid=13

https://www.asus.com/us/Laptops/ROG-GL502VM/HelpDesk_Download/

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS