How To How to fix black and white videos windows 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 19, 2019
I went all over forums trying to figure out how to fix my display. All my videos suddenly started playing in black and white (there was still some colors; it was like an extremely low saturation). I read that playing videos in VLC would fix it, which it did, but youtube was still black and white. I read that unplugging the computer would fix the issue, which it did, but I still have to fix a screen flickering issue (a whole other story) and so if I unplugged my computer & plugged it back in really fast, I could see a flicker of color before the video went back to black and white. Even when I edited videos and played them back through VLC, they had literally been edited into black and white.

I looked everywhere for a solution, and after scanning the internet I finally did!

(By the way, my computer uses AMD display. I'm no master so I don't know if every windows 10 uses AMD, but if you don't have it, this won't work (it should have just come with your computer) )

First go to Start > Settings > System > Display. Scroll down to "Advanced Display Settings", then select "Display adapter properties for Display 1".

A box will pop up. Select the tab that says "AMD Catalyst Control Center", then click the button that says "AMD Catalyst Control Center".

The control box will pop up. There will be a section that says "Video" with various subtitles; click the word "Color" right underneath.

Scroll down to where it says "Color Management", and all you have to do is uncheck the box! The example image above the settings should go from black and white to full color, and that means you've fixed it :)

And you're done! I hope this helps people, there's a million guides out there for this issue but this was the only thing that helped me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS