Question How to fix Black Ops 3 crashes?

Jan 3, 2022
Been having issues with Black ops 3 ever since I rebought it a week or two ago (previously had it on ps4 when it was new).

At the moment, I am required to restart my entire PC each time I want to play it and not consistently crash around <10 mins after launching the game. I do not, and have never, had this issue with any other game or program.

I have tried:

1. Running both game and Steam as Administrator
  2. Lowering graphics settings
  3. Creating an exception for game in antivirus
  4. Turning off any overclocks
  5. Turning off overlays for apps such as Discord
  6. Not running programs such as NZXT cam in the background
  7. Capping FPS to lower than my monitors refresh rate
  8. some other stuff im forgetting
Specs:
Core i7 9700F
RTX 2060
ASRock B365M Pro4-F
Kingston HyperX 16GB RAM 2667mhz (khx3200c16d4/8gx) in slots 2 and 4 on motherboard
Cooler Master MWE 550W (Owned since Beginning of October 2020)
1TB SSD (Samsung 970 QVO)
4TB HDD (ST4000DM004-2CV104 - as seen in NZXT Cam, weird name so may not be right)

BIOS Version: Unknown
Antivirus: Built-In Windows Defender

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You forgot to mention the make and model of the PSU in your specs list. Might want to also include the age of said PSU. BIOS version for your motherboard? As for your ram, got a link to your ram kit? Which slots are the rams populating on the motherboard? Storage options on your build? What anti-virus are you using on your platform? Speaking of platform, what OS are you on? If on Windows 10, please mention the version(not the edition) of your OS.

Out of curiosity, are you referring to the ram overclocks when you stated this;
Turning off any overclocks
Since the board does not support overclocking, not with the processor you have although 2666MHz is above JEDEC specs of 2133MHz for DDR4 which is an overclock.

Jan 3, 2022
I have edited the original post with the power supply that I am currently using. I am also gonna update post with the other things you suggested adding

When talking about overclocks I was referring to overclocks of my GPU and other things such as increasing voltage and any increases to "Power maximum" as stated in GeForce Experience's "performance" tab that only appears when experimental features is turned on.

Last edited: