How to fix blue screen of death error on windows 7 at startup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

raptorrex

Honorable
May 19, 2012
Today, my computer was booting up. It was taking a little too long, so i restarted. When i did, right after the loading screen my computer crashed and the BSOD (blue screen of death) error popped up. I cant access safe mode and i have constantly tried to check memory errors, i restored windows, and ran CHKDSK, all leading to the same problem. Here is the error code/ technical information;
*** STOP: 0X0000007B 9OXFFFFF880009A97E8, 0XFFFFFFFFC0000034, 0X0000000000000000, 0X0000000000000000)

It is a fairly new Cyberpower GXi210 computer, and was running fine.

There may actually be an update that is installing automatically, that is corrupting the start up.
There are certain updates that will not run on certain computers.
When you restore, it runs again, but then automatically updates, and corrupts again.
Does this sound like what might be occurring?

Restore the system again, and after it runs, turn the automatic updates OFF. OR disconnect from the internet, to prevent updates, until you have turned them off.

Now find out if this is what is occurring, by testing.

raptorrex

Honorable
May 19, 2012

Maybe when it was booting up and installing updates when i turned it off. I restored it multiple times and rebooted with the internet off, but no success so far.

raptorrex

Honorable
May 19, 2012

So i was restoring from a different restore and this error popped up:
An unspecified error occurred during System Restore. (0x8000ffff)

*Note* I am using a different computer

With ntldr missing you won't get BSOD but a simple message indicating that Ntldr is missing. Pl try to go with fresh installation. If it does not work out, pl contact your supplier for tech support as your system is relatively new. Most of the times, this BSOD is because of issue with RAM or IRQ settings.

Dragonburn

Honorable
Nov 29, 2013
it doesn't sound like a software or windows error, it sounds more like a hardware error, so there might be a faulty chip on the board or some piece of hardware that is conflicting with another piece, I would recommend taking it back to the store that you purchased it from.

alan1234

Reputable
Apr 27, 2014
hi my laptop done a weird thing yesterday my resetting itself to a temporary profile and had to create a new user yesterday and today it had a blue screen while logging on to my new user account i used startup repair done some fixes but not the blue screen anyone know some suggests?

star57man

Reputable
Sep 25, 2014
I had the same problem and fixed it today! I finally figured the thing out as nothing I read online worked. I took my hard drive out and bought an adapter to hook up my drive as an external storage through USB port on another computer. Once I located the drive I right clicked on external drive went to properties on the tools tab check for errors then check both boxes. Takes a long time through the USB mine took 4 1/2 hrs but fixed the problem. I believe there is a problem in the operation system files and since this system is running it cannot be fixed on that computer. By putting in another computer you are not using the operating system files on that hard drive so then the files can be fixed by the utility on the hard drive. If a belt breaks on a tractor you don't fix it while its running you shut it down and use other tools to fix it.

jon henri

Reputable
Oct 10, 2014
had the bsod on my desktop recently. tried start up repair and restore and everything else that i could think of. ended up having to reload win7 on my hard drive.
then reloaded drivers for my gtx670ftw and then boom back to bsod.
pulled video card and replaced with my old 6950's reloaded win7 again, back in the game.
not real happy with nvidia anymore. payed a lot of money for that card and now it's junk to me, only got a year and half out of it, but the first one i got was defective and had to return right off the bat, it was my first nvidia card. while it was a great card at the time, this is not a good first impression nvidia
tired of wasting money on higher end computer parts and not lasting, such a money pit.

star57man

Reputable
Sep 25, 2014
Try this, Use another computer to access your hard drive on your corrupt computer. Then access your hard drive from the other computer find your drive and right click on the drive go to properties under the tools tab run the error check and check both boxes. This should work. This utility will not work in your system when running because the files in use need to be fixed so the drive must not have any files in operation for the utility to fix them. Hooking up to another will work.

Status
Not open for further replies.