[SOLVED] How to fix boot in bios

Aug 25, 2021
Ok so when I load into my bios I’m on biostar motherboard and in boot option#1 it shows windows boot manager (SATA1)
When it should be PNY CS900 500GB SSD

Solution
Windows 8.1 and 10 systems, when installed in full UEFI mode (Which is what you want) should ALWAYS show and use Windows boot manager as the primary boot device. Some legacy installations that are not in full UEFI mode might show a specific drive as the primary boot device but that is not the desired configuration, and honestly will result in the device not even booting at all unless it is a legacy, non-UEFI installation. If you had the SSD showing up as the primary boot device before, it's because you had a legacy installation at that time. Having the UEFI installation is MUCH preferred and is the correct way for it to be done.

Windows 8.1 and 10 systems, when installed in full UEFI mode (Which is what you want) should ALWAYS show and use Windows boot manager as the primary boot device. Some legacy installations that are not in full UEFI mode might show a specific drive as the primary boot device but that is not the desired configuration, and honestly will result in the device not even booting at all unless it is a legacy, non-UEFI installation. If you had the SSD showing up as the primary boot device before, it's because you had a legacy installation at that time. Having the UEFI installation is MUCH preferred and is the correct way for it to be done.

Solution
Aug 25, 2021
When secure boot is enabled you can ONLY perform a full UEFI installation. Legacy modes are not supported when secure boot is enabled and like I said, you don't want it the other way anyhow. I would recommend you simply leave it as is.
I would but I want the windows 11 and I need to enable secure boot but it says off when I load into system info

I would but I want the windows 11 and I need to enable secure boot but it says off when I load into system info
If it is enabled in the BIOS, and stays enabled when you go back and check after leaving the BIOS and saving your settings, then it is enabled. Windows system information is probably just misreading the information. Windows isn't always right about a lot of things.

More importantly, as of right now Windows 11 is not ready for prime time anyhow AND there really is nothing it offers that Windows 10 doesn't offer other than a changed start menu and some different visuals. I wouldn't bother with it until AT LEAST the first fully stable version gets released and probably not for a little while after that, if at all. I certainly wouldn't use the current beta release on any primary daily driver system. Maybe on a VM on a primary system or on a backup system, but not as my main device.