[SOLVED] How to fix computer not turning on?

Oct 9, 2021
Alright so I was doing my day to day usual stuff, then I went on my computer. My computer was already on, and I realized my mouse, keyboard, and monitor weren’t working. Since I knew this was a computer problem, I turned my computer off and on, and my keyboard, mouse, and monitor were still not working. Then I turned the computer off and unplugged it, plugged it back in and turned the switch on, and then I wouldn’t turn on. I’ve done everything I could, I know it’s not the power cord, I’ve checked the ram and it’s not that, and I made sure the ATXPWR1 and 2 were plugged in firmly. I’ll list most of the parts below.

SPU - EVGA 500W 80 PLUS
Mother Board - BIOSTAR TB250-BTC PRO
GPU - XFX RX 5500
RAM - Team Group 12G Ram
CPU - Intel iCore7 (I’m not sure)

Solution
computer was already on, and I realized my mouse, keyboard, and monitor weren’t working.

sounds like either a malfunctioning motherboard or power supply but it's hard to determine from just the symptoms mentioned so far.

test each component/device that you can in another system to verify if each is still working correctly.

i've seen mentions before of this series of motherboards having a high failure rate so i would lean towards that as the culprit for now.
computer was already on, and I realized my mouse, keyboard, and monitor weren’t working.

sounds like either a malfunctioning motherboard or power supply but it's hard to determine from just the symptoms mentioned so far.

test each component/device that you can in another system to verify if each is still working correctly.

i've seen mentions before of this series of motherboards having a high failure rate so i would lean towards that as the culprit for now.

Solution
Oct 9, 2021
Alright, I’ll try different components on a different computer. Pretty sure it might be the motherboard based on what you provided, but what’s crazy is that I have had this computer since January this year and now I’m just starting to get this problem. There was no sign of this happening at all.

what’s crazy is that I have had this computer since January this year and now I’m just starting to get this problem. There was no sign of this happening at all.
that's a pretty short lifespan for a motherboard.
though most reports i remember seeing about it they were mostly DOA or died upon first boot.

but a lot of times that's how it happens.
you may not notice small instances happening over a prolonged period of time or a device can just bite the bullet all at once out of nowhere.

TRENDING THREADS