Question How to fix ? cpu with slow performance in windows 10?

Feb 14, 2023
i have a desktop pc with intel cpu, skylake i7 6700k. "too slow." It has SSD, 16GB RAM, it has 1tb HDD( st1000dm010-2ep102) but i tested the following on SSD.
when i play a game like diablo 3, it has no problem.
However, when i use windows 10 for file/folder creation/deletion, it is very slow.

when i create a new folder and type in the folder name, and go into the folder by hitting "ENTER" key,
it takes 3 seconds.

it is very slow compared to my another desktop pc with i5 6600k, which takes only 1 second.

when i delete a folder on the i7, it shows even the throbber, spinning blue circle, taking maybe 5 seconds.

I did changed setting tricks commonly recommended on the web to speed up windows 10 by tweaks such as removing windows 10 animations etc.

I ran cpu benchmark in cpu-z, one of the best free cpu benchmark softwares. the result score, 465, seemd to be normal.

I don't know what is the cause and how to fix. Maybe any other problem than CPU?
can anyone give some help? thank you very much.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
please include the age of your PSU apart from it's make and model and the BIOS version for your motherboard.

Considering you brought an i5-6600K into the picture, please pass the specs to the other system as well so we can understand what is different between the two. In fact, we should be seeing two sets of specs. one for your system and one for the donor system.