how to fix Edge?

Colif

Win 11 Master
So my mums pc won't load Edge. It just sits there on the blue loading screen

Other browsers work fine, that isn't the point as she only knows how to use Edge (she 72, give her a break).

It has latest drivers - i ran driver booster and got 18 new ones a few weeks ago. Its a 8 year old Dell so I assume there isn't a new bios for it and its got a legacy bios, I can just tell... its got IDE hdd for instance... its not cutting edge.

I ran SFC & DISM, i thought one of them would have found something.

IE works, the only browser that refuses is Edge.

Not amused at MIcrosoft's other suggestions, reset and make new user.

Colif, how much RAM does your mother's PC have? I've been running Windows 10 preview version since 10/1/16 and the RTM version since 12/26/15, and haven't seen any problem with it. My two test desktops with the preview versions are 1999 and 2000 vintage, but they have 6 GB on one and 8 on the other.
Edge has only been generally available for a year, so if she can learn Edge, she ought to be able to learn IE or Firefox. Then again I don't have to listen to her complain. :D

Good luck.

Colif

Win 11 Master
I wasn't going to put her onto 10, that was my brothers smart idea. I have to live with consequences though. Its too late now, we have a win 10 licence and no easy way to go back to win 7.

PC has 3gb of ram, a 8 year old ATI GPU & IDE hdd, I am waiting for something to die as that would be only way to get her to upgrade. PC takes 10 minutes to show a desktop some days. Mum has worked out one way to get Edge to run is unplug pc from wall and then plug back in - I told her a restart should do same thing but she claims to have tried that 4 times yesterday... i suspect she just turned it off and on 4 times.

I may try the reset thing but half time i use PC they think I am going to break it... like thats ever happened.

You haven't mentioned the system event error log. Have you looked there to see if there are cryptic clues there?
I assume this is a 32 bit system. That should work fine in 3 GB, 64 bit system wouldn't run very well with that.
Update: One other thought. One of the Edge files could be on a sector that's gone bad, so maybe you need to run CHKDSK.

Colif

Win 11 Master
i didnt think to look in event log

Its 64 bit, it came with Win 64 bit and 3 gb of ram.. dell were having a joke. I really wish I had looked at its specs closer, the best gpu it came with at time was a GTX 260, I should have at least put that in. The utter crap they sell to customers who don't know any better is just sad.

If I have time in next week I will look at running checkdisk too