Question How to fix endless repair loop?

Nov 6, 2019
So my Psu was making strange sounds the last couple days. Just yesterday I awake to and endless windows startup repair loop. So I went out and got a new psu thinking that would solve my problem... I thought wrong. Been trying several methods and so far nothing has resolved this... I can't do a system restore from a previous date, I can't reinstall windows with or without keeping my files, and I get an "access denied" when I booterec /fixboot... I revived my copy of windows 10 (64 but) from my school so I do not have the ornignal disk or anything really... Could it be a hard drive issue? Been running the same parts for well over a year without issues. Any help/advice is greatly appreciated.

onespeedbiker

Commendable
Apr 13, 2019
It is possible that in the process of installing your new PSU, you may have loosened a cable or one of your RAM chips. I would first check all your connections and R&R your RAM.

Loosing a PSU can often result in other problems, such a corrupting your operating system. If you follow this link you will be able to create a windows 10 install media that may also solve your problem. https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq/how-to-do-a-clean-installation-of-windows-10.3170366/

Last edited:
Reactions: TheChanClan
Nov 6, 2019
Thanks for the reply! At this point I am not. I can only get to the repair screen because I have a flash drive with windows (can't install because harddrive isn't formatted correctly) it's a mess.

thomas4204

Prominent
Dec 24, 2018
I know this sounds stupid but it worked for me. Go to your bios and make sure the ssd or. The primary drive is being used to boot first. Windows like to change so my ssd is 2nd.

Nov 6, 2019
Well i fixed it. Lost a lot of stuff but it's honestly okay it almost needed to happen. I ended up reinstalling windows from a flash drive and while reformatting it basically wiped everything. But I'm staring at my desktop as we speak so I'm conetent. Thank you all again, happy holiday 👍🏼👍🏼

Reactions: Venesia
Nov 6, 2019
Well i fixed it. Lost a lot of stuff but it's honestly okay it almost needed to happen. I ended up reinstalling windows from a flash drive and while reformatting it basically wiped everything. But I'm staring at my desktop as we speak so I'm conetent. Thank you all again, happy holiday 👍🏼👍🏼
Content*

onespeedbiker

Commendable
Apr 13, 2019
Good to hear you worked it out. Hopefully you'll do some backups now so you don't loose all your data again; something that has happened to me a few times until I got smart; it's not if you need a backup, it's when :)

Sep 21, 2018
Having this exact same issue. However windows reinstalls correctly through installation and when I get into windows and turn off my pc and back on, it goes into endless repair loop.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS