[SOLVED] How to fix endless repair loop?

Nov 6, 2019
So my Psu was making strange sounds the last couple days. Just yesterday I awake to and endless windows startup repair loop. So I went out and got a new psu thinking that would solve my problem... I thought wrong. Been trying several methods and so far nothing has resolved this... I can't do a system restore from a previous date, I can't reinstall windows with or without keeping my files, and I get an "access denied" when I booterec /fixboot... I revived my copy of windows 10 (64 but) from my school so I do not have the ornignal disk or anything really... Could it be a hard drive issue? Been running the same parts for well over a year without issues. Any help/advice is greatly appreciated.

Solution
It is possible that in the process of installing your new PSU, you may have loosened a cable or one of your RAM chips. I would first check all your connections and R&R your RAM.

Loosing a PSU can often result in other problems, such a corrupting your operating system. If you follow this link you will be able to create a windows 10 install media that may also solve your problem. https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq/how-to-do-a-clean-installation-of-windows-10.3170366/
It is possible that in the process of installing your new PSU, you may have loosened a cable or one of your RAM chips. I would first check all your connections and R&R your RAM.

Loosing a PSU can often result in other problems, such a corrupting your operating system. If you follow this link you will be able to create a windows 10 install media that may also solve your problem. https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq/how-to-do-a-clean-installation-of-windows-10.3170366/

Last edited:
Reactions: TheChanClan
Solution
Nov 6, 2019
Thanks for the reply! At this point I am not. I can only get to the repair screen because I have a flash drive with windows (can't install because harddrive isn't formatted correctly) it's a mess.

Nov 6, 2019
Well i fixed it. Lost a lot of stuff but it's honestly okay it almost needed to happen. I ended up reinstalling windows from a flash drive and while reformatting it basically wiped everything. But I'm staring at my desktop as we speak so I'm conetent. Thank you all again, happy holiday 👍🏼👍🏼

Reactions: Venesia
Nov 6, 2019
Well i fixed it. Lost a lot of stuff but it's honestly okay it almost needed to happen. I ended up reinstalling windows from a flash drive and while reformatting it basically wiped everything. But I'm staring at my desktop as we speak so I'm conetent. Thank you all again, happy holiday 👍🏼👍🏼

Content*