[SOLVED] How to fix first PC build?

Jun 5, 2020
Currently very frustrated at how my first PC build is going. I installed Windows (or partway through at least) and the PC restarted but now it's stuck at the EZ debug light for the CPU. The fans turn when everytime it blinks (in white).

I am not sure what the exact issue is, but I am almost sure at this point it's some piece of hardware's failure. Either the CPU, motherboard, or the power supply. Still, I am not sure what to do and am so frustrated especially after spending so much money and time for this.
Pictures of motherboard and CPU pins:
View: http://imgur.com/gallery/NfZMvg3

Case: Phanteks Eclipse P350X
Mobo: MSI Z390-A PRO
CPU: Intel i5-9600K
RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16 GB (2 × 8 GB)
SSD: Samsung 970 EVO (500 GB)
GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super Ventus XS OC
CPU Fan: Cooler Master Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition
Power Supply: Corsair CX550M

Solution
Sorry about this, but I misread your inital post and shouks have read it better.

The Z390 should natively support 9th Gen out of the box. Your PC did post since you were half-way installing Windows. I think the issue may come from somewhere else. Are you able to access the BIOS at all now?
Jun 5, 2020
Double check your motherboards support page. It depends on what Stepping version your CPU is, P0 or R0.

Core i5Coffeelakei5-9600K1003.7GHz1.5MB9MBP095 UHDGraphics630 1150MHz 7B98v10.zip
Core i5Coffeelakei5-9600K1003.7GHz1.5MB9MBR095 UHDGraphics630 1150MHz 7B98v15.zip
Ah I see now! I didn't see that part. Now the new question is how do I update my motherboard without my CPU being detected? I could buy a cheap CPU or get my older one to update it if that's what it takes.

Ah I see now! I didn't see that part. Now the new question is how do I update my motherboard without my CPU being detected? I could buy a cheap CPU or get my older one to update it if that's what it takes.

Buying a cheap CPU to update it a solution. But you'll find it's an expensive solution as there are no "cheap" 8th Gen CPUs.

Either you get another board, or you can bring the board to a local electronics shop that could do it for you.

Jun 5, 2020
Buying a cheap CPU to update it a solution. But you'll find it's an expensive solution as there are no "cheap" 8th Gen CPUs.

Either you get another board, or you can bring the board to a local electronics shop that could do it for you.
Maybe it's possible I could refund and return the CPU after updating my current motherboard? That in itself could be a hastle, though.

There are no electronics stores near me besides Best Buy. What motherboard do you recommend instead of my current one?

Sorry about this, but I misread your inital post and shouks have read it better.

The Z390 should natively support 9th Gen out of the box. Your PC did post since you were half-way installing Windows. I think the issue may come from somewhere else. Are you able to access the BIOS at all now?

Solution
Jun 5, 2020

No, I can't access the BIOS at all. I am not sure how to, since it doesn't go past the CPU debug light. The monitor doesn't even power on or display anything.

Jun 5, 2020
I'm sorry for going AFK for quite some time. Did you ever manage to find a fix?

It's no problem. And yes, I was actually able to get it all working again after using an 8th generation CPU to flash the latest BIOS (after finishing installing Windows of course). After that, my main CPU was able to work and I returned the other. Everything worked out in the end!