How to fix fps drops in Boston Level in Assassin Crred 3?

Jaduu

Honorable
Nov 7, 2013
Hey guys, i just got my hands on this game and when i started this assassin creed 3, all was going fine, i mean, i was playing this game very smoothly with med-high settings and when i suddenly entered in a Boston city, my fps dropped from 34-36 to 23-25..
Seriously guys, i am not able to play this game SMOOTHLY, but i.. i.. really wanna play this game..
as much as i know, Ubisoft has released 6 patches to fix different bugs and some minor issues present in this game but i never heard that they have released a patch to fix this fps drops in Boston level.

So please give me some solution or advice to fix that fps in this game, is there any Patch/Update from Ubisoft to fix this particular problem??

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.. *{It's URGENT}

My Rig *(Dell Studio 1555) {laptop}

ATI 4570 HD
3 GB RAM
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.16 Ghz (2 cores)

Solution
Everyone has had FPS drops in Boston with AC3, it's an issue Ubisoft never bothered to fix. Other than buying a faster computer that can brute force its way through the crappy coding, there isn't anything you can do to improve performance. Ubisoft's attitude seems to be that if you want the best experience with the Assassin's Creed series, you're supposed to buy it on the Xbox or Playstation platforms.
AC3 is a really bad port, when you get into Boston the game becomes very heavily CPU bound, and only effectively uses a single core. Even on fast desktop CPUs, your performance will tank in Boston, on an old low clocked mobile Core 2 Duo it will be even worse. All you can do is turn down your graphics settings to improve your framerates, even then don't expect great performance.

Jaduu

Honorable
Nov 7, 2013

thanks buddy for giving me such advice, i know that my laptop rig is very poor rig to handle such games but believe me my friend, i was playing that game with medium settings until then i entered in Boston city and then BAM!
My fps then began to drop and when i noticed it, my fps were at that level was 21-25.
Any way, is there any way to fix this fps drop, or should i believe that there is no update/patch to fix this fps drop and i've to play that entire level with sh*tty lagging??
Please, help me...

There really isn't anything more you can do if you are still having trouble even on minimal graphics settings. Ubisoft is too lazy to fix optimization problems, and don't really care that much about the PC release of their games. Given that AC4 is already out, I doubt they will make any effort to fix any lingering problems with AC3. Various higher-ups at Ubisoft hate PC gaming, considering it a nest of pirates, and I think the only reason they Ubisoft hasn't become a console only publisher is because shareholders demand that they continue PC releases because they still make money, even after their draconian DRM practices, delaying PC releases of their games, and insulting the PC gaming community at every opportunity.

Jaduu

Honorable
Nov 7, 2013

Oh thanks and btw, should i believe that i have to play that game with that lag (even though i have set my res to 800x600 with minimum settings) coz there is NO WAY to fix this Fps drops???

Everyone has had FPS drops in Boston with AC3, it's an issue Ubisoft never bothered to fix. Other than buying a faster computer that can brute force its way through the crappy coding, there isn't anything you can do to improve performance. Ubisoft's attitude seems to be that if you want the best experience with the Assassin's Creed series, you're supposed to buy it on the Xbox or Playstation platforms.

Solution