[SOLVED] How to fix: kmode_exception_not_handled?

Apr 30, 2020
So today when I turned in my PC it ran for like 15 mins. and then I got the kmode_exception_not_handled error.

It doesn't rebbot by itself, it just freezes like that.

I can't start up in safemode, then I get the same error.

I haven't installed anything new or put in new hardware.

Hope that someone can help because I'm totally lost.

Solution
did you try SFC? It could be a windows problem

have you installed any new hardware recently?

Hardware incompatibility
Confirm that any new hardware that is installed is compatible with the installed version of Windows. For example, you can get information about required hardware at Windows 10 Specifications.

Faulty device driver or system service
In addition, a faulty device driver or system service might be responsible for this error. Hardware issues, such as BIOS incompatibilities, memory conflicts, and IRQ conflicts can also generate this error.
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/wi...r/bug-check-0x1e--kmode-exception-not-handled

Try running memtest86...

Colif

Win 11 Master
Safe mode:
On the logon screen
click on the power button in bottom right
while holding left shift, click restart button
this restarts PC in windows repair
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose startup options
click the restart button
choose a safe mode (it doesn't matter which) by using number associated with it.
Pc will restart and load safe mode

If its a driver error you shouldn't get any in safe mode

while in safe mode, try this
right click start button
choose powershell (admin)
type SFC /scannow and press enter
once its completed, copy/paste this command into same window:
Repair-WindowsImage -Online -RestoreHealth and press enter
SFC fixes system files, second command cleans image files, re run SFC if it failed to fix all files and restart PC

Also, set up pc for minidumps in safe mode
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD -
that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD
copy that file to documents
upload the copy from documents to a file sharing web site, and share the link in your thread so we can help fix the problem

then login to win 10 normal mode and after next bsod, give us the file.

Apr 30, 2020
Safe mode:
On the logon screen
click on the power button in bottom right
while holding left shift, click restart button
this restarts PC in windows repair
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose startup options
click the restart button
choose a safe mode (it doesn't matter which) by using number associated with it.
Pc will restart and load safe mode

If its a driver error you shouldn't get any in safe mode

while in safe mode, try this
right click start button
choose powershell (admin)
type SFC /scannow and press enter
once its completed, copy/paste this command into same window:
Repair-WindowsImage -Online -RestoreHealth and press enter
SFC fixes system files, second command cleans image files, re run SFC if it failed to fix all files and restart PC

Also, set up pc for minidumps in safe mode
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD -
that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD
copy that file to documents
upload the copy from documents to a file sharing web site, and share the link in your thread so we can help fix the problem

then login to win 10 normal mode and after next bsod, give us the file.

The problem is that the error still pops up in safe mode. Is it a hardware error then?

Colif

Win 11 Master
did you try SFC? It could be a windows problem

have you installed any new hardware recently?

Hardware incompatibility
Confirm that any new hardware that is installed is compatible with the installed version of Windows. For example, you can get information about required hardware at Windows 10 Specifications.

Faulty device driver or system service
In addition, a faulty device driver or system service might be responsible for this error. Hardware issues, such as BIOS incompatibilities, memory conflicts, and IRQ conflicts can also generate this error.
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/wi...r/bug-check-0x1e--kmode-exception-not-handled

Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors. Memtest is created as a bootable USB so that you don’t need windows to run it

Solution