[SOLVED] How to fix lag caused by slow map rendering in games?

Mar 15, 2020
So I have the following problem:

When I play that new just released game (Call of Duty Warzone) I first start my match off with a decent FPS, but once I am about to land on the map and the buildings start rendering in, I get a massive FPS stops on like every 5 seconds for 1 second and that goes on for the rest of the game (especially whenever I move my mouse), but also without too big of a movement.

It is also worth noting that I am a laptop user so I don't have any upgradeability options, so I would appreciate any help that evolves not having to upgrade my specs.

Here are my laptop specs:

CPU:
i7-8750H @2.20GHz
GPU: Gtx 1050 Ti with Max-Q Design
RAM: 8 GB
VRAM: 4 GB

HDD: 1 TB
If any other specs are needed than let me know.

I am not 100% sure if the lag is caused by slow rendering issue, I just really suspect that. If You have any other idea, why I get massive FPS skips, than please let me know.

If there isn't anything I can do about the issue, then also please let me know. Although as I already said, I don't have many upgradeability options, I may be able to get a SSD if that is needed.

All that being said, any support I can get will please me, so any of your help would be helpful.

Solution
How is ram usage? That 8gb isn't really a big amount with latest games.

Also look at settings,make sure you play at correct res in the game settings,also make sure fps are not limited in there. Have had problems with this in cod modern warfare.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador

Also look at settings,make sure you play at correct res in the game settings,also make sure fps are not limited in there. Have had problems with this in cod modern warfare.

Solution
Mar 15, 2020

When I was in a game, I had about 600 MB of RAM left, I don't know if this was because the game didn't need it or the game just didn't want to use more of my RAM when I had so less left.

What do you mean exactly by "correct res"? Do you mean that I should use the resolution equal to my monitor's res?

About the FPS limit, I already figured that part out. But my problem isn't a low FPS, my problem is unstable FPS. I would be ok with low FPS as long as it would be stable, but regardless what I set it to, it always jumps to 0 FPS time to time.

Thanks for your help! Your mention about my RAM could easily be accurate.

TRENDING THREADS