[SOLVED] how to fix live playing taskbar thumbnails?

Nov 13, 2019
hi
i'll try to explain this as best as i can- i have windows 10. till yesterday everything worked fine i was able to see playing thumbnails in the taskbar whenever i would move my cursor to one of the icons so for example if i open 2 windows (not tabs) of chrome and on one of the windows i would play a youtube video and on the other it would be whatever, now if i move my cursor to the google chrome icon at the bottom of the taskbar it will show me 2 thumbnails- one of the page that i was on and one of the youtube site and the youtube video on this thumbnail would be playing however now it's not the case at all when i move my cursor to the google chrome icon it still shows me the 2 thumbnails but the one with the youtube won't be playing the video even though i can still hear it playing . i have tried a lot of options for few hours and even system restore and nothing helps i hope i explained it good enough thanks.

Solution
Try going to control panel, then system, then advanced system settings. On the advanced tab click settings under performance, find animations in the task bar. If it is checked, uncheck it and press apply. Then check it again and press apply and OK.

See if youtube is working in the thumbnails.

Spaceghaze

Reputable
Oct 17, 2019
Might be just something that Google changed and not something in windows. If you open a video file in lets say VLC or your player of choice or a game, then minimize them and check the thumbnail, do you see the video or movment in the game?

Nov 13, 2019
Might be just something that Google changed and not something in windows. If you open a video file in lets say VLC or your player of choice or a game, then minimize them and check the thumbnail, do you see the video or movment in the game?
hi and thanks for the reply i did try that actually and it varies so for example i tried it with edge browser and it's fine i tried it with a game and it's fine as well ( the game is in windowed mode) but windows explorer has the same problem so again it varies. i have no idea what happened i didn't install anything or made any changes so if u know how to fix it i'll appreciate it :)

Nov 13, 2019
So everything else works, just not Chrome.

What do you mean with windows explorer? It should not be able to play anything, as far i meant

i meant internet explorer and no not only chrome, various other programs including internet explorer and blizzard's game launcher (it's a program that let's u choose which game u wanna play from that company, it has running ads or running cinematics) but like i said other programs are fine like microsoft edge or core temp ( which is a program that gives real time temperature of the cpu). and i checked the taskbar settings in my other computer that also runs windows 10 that doesn't have this problem and the settings do match so again i have no idea what's causing this.

Spaceghaze

Reputable
Oct 17, 2019
Try going to control panel, then system, then advanced system settings. On the advanced tab click settings under performance, find animations in the task bar. If it is checked, uncheck it and press apply. Then check it again and press apply and OK.

See if youtube is working in the thumbnails.

Solution