Question How to Fix Low Power Consumption Processor?

Jan 13, 2023
My Processor is i5 4570 (4th gen).It's TDP is 84W. I Stress My PC with Blender and OCCT Tool...But My PC maximumly get 60W...Lower Power At Full Load.........How to Fix this issue...

aschoneveld

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2014
use throttlestop and disable intel thermal frameworks if possible, other settings in bios might disable power limits but very likely there is a power savings mode enabled or it is bottlenecked by your gpu which isn'tt functioning properly which may have a power savings mode enabled in it's manufacturers controll panel nvidea/amd.
Edit: the TDP and the current power are completely different things so when you said 65watts I assumed that was the current which on newer processors is always above the TDP max, I assume this might still be relevant. If you have had the pc for years and it has never gotten slower then chances are you just have a slow CPU. There are still lots of fun games you might be able to play such as Arma 3 which supposedly uses only 1 thread.

Last edited:

USAFRet

Titan
use throttlestop and disable intel thermal frameworks if possible, other settings in bios might disable power limits but very likely there is a power savings mode enabled or it is bottlenecked by your gpu which isn'tt functioning properly which may have a power savings mode enabled in it's manufacturers controll panel nvidea/amd
Identify the problem, if any, before applying a solution.

Not reaching the full TDP is not necessarily a problem that needs to be "fixed".