Question How to fix my GPU and ram problems? I have an old PC where I tried a GPU (my first time) and dual Ram.

Jul 11, 2020
I have Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit. I have bought a graphics card named- Gigabyte Radeon RX 570 and two ram sticks of Consistent brand (It's of India not so famous just bought it from nearby computer shop) which has the same frequency 1600MHZ. The problem with the graphics card is that it shows only 1772mb instead of 4096gb in Directx Diagnostic tool. And with rams, My computer properties show 8gb ram but in the bracket, it's written that 4.0 GB usable. My motherboard is M5a78l-m lx and the processor is Athlon ii x2 250. Please help me with my case.

I have some screenshots for more details. Please go through it. --Screenshots--

I am unable to insert images here please press the "screenshots" red text to get the files.

or else here are the individual pics:-
GPU PIC 1
GPU PIC 2
GPU PIC 3

RAM PIC 1
RAM PIC 2
RAM PIC 3 (SLOT ONE DETAILS)
RAM PIC 4 (SLOT TWO DETAILS)
PAM PIC 5
RAM PIC 6

MOTHERBOARD DETAILS

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2020
I have a very old pc. Motherboard m5a78l-m lx with CPU of Athlon ii x2 250 on it.
I check max it can go for 1866mhz for ram so I bought 2 rams of 4gb to install.
The problem arises that it shows 8gb in My Computer properties but in the bracket, it shows 4gb usable. In the task manager's performance bar the Resource monitor shows 4gb for hardware reserve??
Cpu-z shows all ram details of both the slots but has 4gb ram to use.
Is there any problem with the bios of the motherboard as on slot it does not run the monitor where else when both are used it shows 8 GB total ram but usable 4gb.
When I put a stick in the first DIMM next to CPU socket my windows don't boot.
If one slot doesn't work properly then why would it show 8gb in Computer details and CPU-z results???
My computer details
Cpu-z --Memory
resource manager

TRENDING THREADS