Oct 7, 2019
Hello I have a problem with my microphone. When I touch the case it stops and I changed my power cables to other extension cord but nothing happens. I don't know what to do I have new motherboard and also when I connect my microphone jack into front panel of pc it doesn't detect it but when I push the headphone jack up it shows as detected. maybe that's why microphone is not working properly? PSU is new 650watt(DeepCool DN650 650W 80 PLUS 230V EU Certified ATX 12V V2.31 Power Supply)
Here is the link so you can hear what it sounds like:

Solution
Link to audio did not work: Page not found.

Ground loop?

Reference:

https://forums.tomsguide.com/thread...ng-microphone-with-an-extension-cable.434988/

Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS.

Also include other devices that may be plugged into the same circuit. Make and model microphone?

Try another known working microphone on your computer. Try your microphone on another known working computer.

Determine if the problem follows the microphone or stays with your computer.

Also: " I push the headphone jack up it shows as detected. maybe that's why microphone is not working properly".

3.5 mm plug? Try using an F---M extension cable between microphone and headphone jack...

Ralston18

Titan
Link to audio did not work: Page not found.

Ground loop?

Reference:

https://forums.tomsguide.com/thread...ng-microphone-with-an-extension-cable.434988/

Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS.

Also include other devices that may be plugged into the same circuit. Make and model microphone?

Try another known working microphone on your computer. Try your microphone on another known working computer.

Determine if the problem follows the microphone or stays with your computer.

Also: " I push the headphone jack up it shows as detected. maybe that's why microphone is not working properly".

3.5 mm plug? Try using an F---M extension cable between microphone and headphone jack. Be sure that you match TRS.

A different physical connection may change the connectivity. Inspect all plugs and ports involved for damage and debris.

Solution