How to fix my overheating issues on my laptop while gaming?

Sayers122

Reputable
Jun 25, 2016
Hello!
So recently my laptop has started to overheat a LOT. This occurs mostly while gaming, i've already searched about this problem on youtube, i've removed my battery,changed my power settings, but nothing seems to work. Although my Laptop is having low specs like 4gigs of RAM, 1st gen i3 CPU,512 MB AMD 6470M HD GPU.I've played games like the COD MW Series,HITMAN (upto absolution), Mafia 2,COD BO 1&2. Assassins Creed (from 1 to all the way to 3 including,brotherhood,revelations) and GTA Series(upto IV) on this very laptop at low-medium settings.But as of now, it shuts down while playing games like Sniper ghost warrior on the lowest of settings after 3mins of gameplay or while using bluestacks.. So, can you guys help me out in finding out an solution to this problem?? although i'll build a gaming pc next year i still want this pc to work for atleast 3more months

P.S:- i currently use a laptop cooling pad,but it doesn't really help the system cool down

Well it's not designed for gaming but I guess you already know that.

However, since it used to run games on low/medium but now it struggles, it could be excessive build-up of dust inside it which is impeding it's cooling efficiency, so open it up and carefully give it a good blow out with a purpose-made air-blower canister like "5 Star" or similar.

Sayers122

Reputable
Jun 25, 2016

Okay, but i am not able to find those type of canister the only things available here in India for cleaning purposes are these:- https://www.amazon.in/ORCUS-Universal-Air-Blower-cleaning/dp/B0716D9837/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1508580665&sr=8-3-fkmr1&keywords=compressed+air+can+for+laptop

So, will these work??