[SOLVED] how to fix my pc or return it to normal after accidently turning off intel graphics

jdw892000

Prominent
Feb 10, 2020
When updating drivers for an old nvidia gforce 1060 graphics card i noticed intel graphics above it and wanted to disable it to make sure it ran on the right one, although i forgot i was using an hdmi port tv and dont have a vga cable. is there any way to fix this? i tried restarting my pc but the tv just says not support on the hdmi input now. I saw many different suggestions about BIOS or taking something out of the pc but i dont want to break anything. its an older alienware pc and a proscan hdmi tv

gmagdna

Prominent
Jul 16, 2018
you don’t necessarily need to pull the CMOS battery, etc...there may be a setting in the BIOS where you can re-enable the card. Unless have Windows with UEFI in which case you can see if in the Device Manager>Display adapters It’s there if not but there’s a Microsoft open Properties for it and select to Update Driver. It should find the correct driver.

jdw892000

Prominent
Feb 10, 2020
you don’t necessarily need to pull the CMOS battery, etc...there may be a setting in the BIOS where you can re-enable the card. Unless have Windows with UEFI in which case you can see if in the Device Manager>Display adapters It’s there if not but there’s a Microsoft open Properties for it and select to Update Driver. It should find the correct driver.
how do i get to BIOS

I’m confused, why no display? You have a GTX 1060 so what display is connected to that? If none then you are using the wrong display ports as you want to use the ports on the gpu and not the motherboard. If only connected to the motherboard you cannot use the 1060 for display.