Jan 21, 2020
So I currently have a homebuilt PC

Specs:
i7-8700k
GTX 1070 Ti
16 gb ram
1tb ssd
Corsair 750W 80+ Gold power supply

Started today, when I play video games, after a while, my pc would crash and the monitor goes black. seconds later, the gpu fan would become very loud . This is the first time i ever experienced this.

Last night, i opened up my case to try to fix a microphone issue but didnt touch any wiring of other components. Honestly, not sure if i did anythign wrong so any suggestions would greatly be appreciated.

I also updated my graphics driver today and faced the same issue.

Solution
Well, first off I'm wondering if everything plugged in tight, obviously. Then if you have a secondary card to try. Isolating the issue by process of elimination. I'd be surprised if a different card ran a while and then quit.

Not sure how any mic port would impact this, sounds doubtful. Key seems to be that gpu fan spin up. Wondering if you can test that in anyone else's system. Anything to do w/a new title that pushes the card? That one seems pretty stout, I'd guess that's not the issue.

If you can test those 2 things I'd say you're well on your way to a solution.

Hope that helps.

Mac029

Reputable
Feb 26, 2019
Well, first off I'm wondering if everything plugged in tight, obviously. Then if you have a secondary card to try. Isolating the issue by process of elimination. I'd be surprised if a different card ran a while and then quit.

Not sure how any mic port would impact this, sounds doubtful. Key seems to be that gpu fan spin up. Wondering if you can test that in anyone else's system. Anything to do w/a new title that pushes the card? That one seems pretty stout, I'd guess that's not the issue.

If you can test those 2 things I'd say you're well on your way to a solution.

Hope that helps.

Solution