Question How to fix orange DRAM light, white VGA light or random crashes ?

Mar 2, 2021
Hello,

PC Specs:
Case CORSAIR SPEC-DELTA RGB MID TOWER GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU) AMD Ryzen 7 3800X Eight Core CPU (3.9GHz-4.5GHz/36MB CACHE/AM4)
Motherboard ASUS® TUF GAMING B550-PLUS (DDR4, USB 3.2, 6Gb/s) - ARGB Ready!
Memory (RAM) 16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3600MHz (2 x 8GB) (P/N = CM4X8GD3600C18K2D)
Graphics Card PALIT 3080 OC Gaming
1st Storage Drive 3TB SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 64MB CACHE
1st M.2 SSD Drive 512GB PCS PCIe M.2 SSD (2000 MB/R, 1100 MB/W)
Power Supply CORSAIR 750W TXm SERIES™ SEMI-MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Processor Cooling PCS FrostFlow 240 Series RGB High Performance Liquid Cooler (AMD)

I've got a pretty much brand new PC. I've had to put everything back to default in the BIOS to get a clean boot and no crashes. If I overclock with the ASUS Ai Suite 5 way optimizer, I get a decent boost in performance but I feel like it is a cause of some crashes.

I have only clocked my 3080 up a little bit as it's a beast anyway.

My main problem is when I turn on the D.O.C.P profile in the BIOS to boost my memory up from 2133mhz to the RAMs 3600mhz. Usually it will restart and sit on the orange DRAM light, then with further restarts it will sometimes go to the white VGA light and then do one long beep and 3 short ones.

I had a PC repair guy look at it to test the components and he said all the parts passed the tests and are fine. It is BIOS and overclocking settings that ruined it.
Anyone have any ideas as to why the profile for the memory would be causing these problems. PC seems completely fine with this turned off just not as powerful as it could be.

Also the settings for CPU are all default and it seems to be running fairly hot on idle or light use (45 degrees) but sits around 60-70 whilst gaming.
It looks like my ram isn't on the compatibility list for my motherboard so maybe that's it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS