[SOLVED] How to fix ram under preforming

SeanK135

Reputable
Dec 29, 2019
Hi! i recently built a pc a few months ago and noticed that the ram was not preforming to the standard it should be... its runnung at 2111mhz instead of 3000mhz , i havent reakky gone messing around with it as thats a little out of my comfort zone but maybe 1 of you guys can help!
My ram is corsair vengance lpx ram (16gb)
My mobo is the Asus prime b450m-a
my cpu Ryzen 5 2600

Solution
At 2133MHz, the ram is performing exactly as it should for ddr4. Anything above that is either stock jedec settings from the cpu or OC. Stock cpu settings will be handled automatically by the bios, but Any OC setting WILL need to be set by the user. 3000MHz is most definitely an OC setting. It can be set manually, with voltages and timings adjusted manually (DRAM Calculator) or automatically by enabling XMP/DOCP. (usually works, sometimes doesn't and requires manual setting, but that's the nature of Any OC)

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
At 2133MHz, the ram is performing exactly as it should for ddr4. Anything above that is either stock jedec settings from the cpu or OC. Stock cpu settings will be handled automatically by the bios, but Any OC setting WILL need to be set by the user. 3000MHz is most definitely an OC setting. It can be set manually, with voltages and timings adjusted manually (DRAM Calculator) or automatically by enabling XMP/DOCP. (usually works, sometimes doesn't and requires manual setting, but that's the nature of Any OC)

Solution

SeanK135

Reputable
Dec 29, 2019
Enable XMP/D.O.C.P in BIOS

hi i tried changing it to d.o.c.p and it did get changed up to 3000mhz but then it went into a boot loop i restarted it and it booted but then blue screened, and anyway long story short then it went back into a boot loop and then finally i got back into the bios and reverted it back and well, that didnt work but my pc is ok......... i think

hi i tried changing it to d.o.c.p and it did get changed up to 3000mhz but then it went into a boot loop i restarted it and it booted but then blue screened, and anyway long story short then it went back into a boot loop and then finally i got back into the bios and reverted it back and well, that didnt work but my pc is ok......... i think
Are you on the latest BIOS version? If yes then go in and try selecting D.O.C.P and 3000mhz, then check what DRAM voltage it is setting. Don’t save the change, just let us know the voltage it tried to use.