How to fix Shortcut Launcher.exe Application Error

cameronkicks

Honorable
Jun 25, 2014
Recently every time when I start up my computer, I get an application error message saying "the exception unknown software exception occurred in the application"(image below) for a file called ShortcutLauncher.exe. Upon some digging on my end, I found that the file was Trend Micro's Shortcut Launcher and I have tried on multiple occasions to fix the file and even delete or move it to get it to stop. If anyone has a fix that they know of it would be greatly appreciated.

Another thing I found interesting and frustrating was that I was completely unable to take ownership of the file to move or delete it. Using the takeown and icacls commands in command prompt while running as an admin gave me "access is denied" warnings and I was also unable to edit its ownership and permissions using the file properties. I even tried to enable the system administrator account and use it to change the permissions or move the file but was unable to because "access is denied". It seems as though the whole folder is completely protected from being edited as I could not take ownership of its parent folder or even change its Read Only status. Any help on this matter would also be nice but mainly I just need to find a way to stop the error message from popping up every time I boot.
IfL3lfn.png

It looks to me like the application is auto running and starting right after windows os has finished loading to the desktop mode cameronkicks.

To disable it, or get rid of it.

Click on start in windows.

In the search box type : MSCONFIG.
Then press enter.

In the new window box that opens click on the start tab.

Look for the reference to auto start or launch relating to trend, or shortcut launcher ect.
Simply untick the check box next to it, then click apply or ok.

Then restart your windows Os session.

And no more error messages for you ever again cameronkicks.

cameronkicks

Honorable
Jun 25, 2014

I've actually already disabled the only Trend Micro thing I could find in the msconfig startup tab and the only things I have enabled are Intel, Razer, Steam and Realtek.
Any other ideas as to what may solve this?