How to Fix the Missing Sonic Studio Tab, After Upgrading to Windows 10

Alex John

Reputable
Aug 29, 2014
After upgrading to Windows 10, I spent the remainder of my day searching, trying to fix audio drivers, uninstalling, reinstalling - simply to get that Sonic Studio Tab back. I'm using a Maximus Ranger VII Motherboard (very nice indeed), but the last thing I need is for all those low and high frequencies to disappear and ruin my whole computer experience.

I tried everything - even going onto RealTek's website - but nothing worked for me.

Then I thought - "What about the CD that came with my motherboard?"

So I ran the installer, which uninstalled first. Then I installed it, restarted my computer twice (as it suggested), then a third time for no reason, and to my surprise, this seemingly simple process worked!

No idea whether it will work for everyone, but if you can blow the dust off the box and grab the CD, this may be the best solution to this problem yet.

BE WARNED: The Realtek HD Program works, but now crashes frequently.

kaboro

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2011
Thank you kindly Alex John, you saved me a lot of trouble. Your unlikely solution actually worked for my asus rampage motherboard.
The win 10 latest drivers from the asus support page were no help, the tab was still missing.
So i used the CD that came with the mobo.
The CD setup gave an error saying that the CD is not compatible with my operating system.
So i opened the audio driver location manually and ran the audio setup from there, worked like a charm.
My guess is that the newer win 10 drivers had the tab removed, probably for a reason, as i see you have crashes.
Will see how bad it is.

Jupiter1605

Commendable
Nov 27, 2016
when i download the realtek drivers off of the disk Sonic studio crashes everytime i try and open it. This didnt happen before and i have tried everything, i tried installing the newer drivers but they dont come with the sonic studio... help pls.