How to fix this fkn card not detecting pci-e x16

jacker300

Honorable
Apr 15, 2012
Ok here's the story:

I bought this nvidia 9400gt like 3yrs ago and using it since. I let my friend borrow it for like 2 months and was using my onboard 6150se and now recently I took it out of his computer and got it back and it's not faulty for sure. I tried putting it in at first and the only output it takes is DVI and my monitor didnt detect it like how it did when I first put it in 3yrs ago.

When that happened
1) I disabled my 6150se through device manager and restarted the computer with the card taken out and back in and still no luck

2) I then uninstalled the driver of the 6150se and installed the 9400gt and still no luck

3) I restored my whole computer to factory defaults and installed the drivers and still didnt work

4) I went to bios and changed primary video adapter from onboard to pci-e x16 slot and NO LUCK

5) I updated my bios(which I never did when I first bought it and worked fine) and still nothing

The fan powers on and it doesn't need any power connectors. I've blown on the pins and the slot and other cards work fine. The card right now is still working with the fan on, but my computer is using the 6150se.

I'm tired of doing all of this with like 3hrs wasted. I'm on the brink of smashing this POS, but can you all help me out please?

Thanks!!